ArcGIS FieldMaps - Input type

12-09-2021 04:40 AM
FUngerStrabag
New Contributor II

Dear community

We had a nice presentation from our local ESRI representatives about ArcGIS Field Maps - demoing how to build a nice form.

When creating a test app on our enterprise portal, I do not see all the options (e.g. they showed a slider function when having only 2 domain values assigned to a field). However, the input type does not show anything on my side. I cannot even click and open the input type dropdown.

There is also no Settings/Properties menu on the left in my case. 

Field type is string, i have 2 domain values....

My first guess is that this is because of a different version - can this be true? Or is there something I had to consider when creating the feature class, domains and sharing the web layer?

Images are attached!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @FUngerStrabag 

What release of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using?

I'm guessing the demo you saw was with ArcGIS Online. ArcGIS Enterprise typically has one to two releases per year, whereas ArcGIS Online typically updates four times a year. You can typically expect to see most ArcGIS Online features within the ArcGIS Enterprise portal in the next few ArcGIS Enterprise releases following an ArcGIS Online update.

This include Field Maps, as you update to new Enterprise releases, you'll see the additional features in Field Maps.

Craig

FUngerStrabag
New Contributor II

It is Enterprise 10.8.1 - and my colleague had the same thoughts yesterday.

Another thing that is bothering me is the creation of map extents for the offline use - no matter how small or large I draw the rectangle, they fail during the build-process. Is this a known bug? Or only on Enterprise?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @FUngerStrabag 

With the error when building offline areas, are you using a proxy basemap? If you are; the next step would be to look at the network traffic to determine where the failure is occurring.

Craig

0 Kudos