ArcGIS Field Maps crashing when opening side loaded MMPKs

08-05-2021 12:38 PM
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

I hope someone can help me. This is complicated.

Until 3 July, my installation of Field Maps was working fine and I had many MMPKs and TPKs (for Basemaps) side loaded on my device.  I had a Tracker for ArcGIS license issued to my Administrator user role.  Then on the 5 July, as I was traveling into a remote area, suddenly the app would not open and it would get stuck on the opening blue screen (for hours).  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the but that would not work. 

The app would open, and one can download and open MMPKs, but as soon as I sideload a MMPK onto the device, then the app will crash and close when opening a side-loaded MMPK. I even tried using the latest beta version of the app, the side-loaded MMPK will open once, but thereafter the app wont open and it will get stuck on the opening blue screen and not progress past that.

These MMPKs are ones that worked before, and they now work perfectly on the ArcGIS Explorer app (I am resorting back to my old friend), but not in Field Maps. Crashes every time I try to open them

I have tried signing in with different AGOL accounts (I have access to 3, 1 without Tracker), but that doesn't change anything. I even tried installing and opening up a side-loaded MMPK on my Samsung tablet and that also crashed. Makes me think the error may be with my AGOL account, but why does the same thing happen when I sign in using a different account?

Perhaps related, our AGOL organization account was renewed in July but our Tracker licenses were not immediately added. They are activated now but that does not change anything.

I hope there may be an easy answer to this.

Best wishes

Mervyn

11 Replies
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

For anyone experiencing this issue, please test the current beta of Field Maps 21.4.0, slated to be released late this fall. It is available directly from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esri.fieldmaps.beta

JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

Awesome. Thank you Chris. Just tested it and it works!!! Kudos to you for sharing!