All maps in Org show up in Field Maps?

12-10-2020 04:54 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After I sign into Field Maps I see a TON of maps. As I investigate, it appears that every. single. map. in our organization has the "show in Field Maps" checked. Please tell me Esri has a way to uncheck this in bulk from all our maps? I'm not about to spend an entire day going to the item details of hundreds of maps in my Org to uncheck that. Why was that checked on by default Esri? I have maps used for dashboards, specific apps, etc. all now showing up in Field Maps with the "show in field maps" checked, and they have no business being in the list of maps in the field maps app. Please fix this or allow a way for us to de-select all these maps in bulk.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TomSchwartzman
Esri Contributor

Hi Nathan - this is not an official response in any way, but FYI I was just working on a python script (hosted notebook) that crawled through my content and turned off the "Show in Field Maps" option.  I have to clean it up some but I can share it with you if you want when I am done.  From what I can tell (unofficially) poking around, the key is to add "FieldMapsDisabled" to the typeKeywords for the webmap.  

Email me (tschwartzman@esri.com) if you want a copy.   Note that it only does content for a single user, not the whole org.

Also from what I can see, turning off Field Maps access means no collection or viewing in Field Maps.  I don't know if there is a way to get it in Field Maps for view only (when it has an editable layer anyway).  I don't think you are asking for that, but FYI.  Perhaps the team can weigh in on that.

Tom S.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan,

The Field Maps web app has the ability to bulk hide web maps from being available to the Field Maps mobile app.

The Field Maps web app only displays the maps you own.

Let us know if this addresses your need and if not, what we can add to Field Maps web app to help with this.

thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
TomSchwartzman
Esri Contributor

Hi Craig,

To your comment about the web app hiding maps - one hassle is it seems you can only do one "page" of results at a time (20 maps).  If I have 311 maps to change, I have to choose all on the first page of results (20), then hide them, then do it again 15 times.  If you could remove the pagination, or at least have an option for "show all" that would be a plus.

Tom S.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom,

That was a feature we deferred from the December release but is something we're looking at for March.  We're looking at a "show all" or providing the ability to select the number of maps displayed per page.

Craig

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

@CraigGillgrass and @TomSchwartzman  I remember using this app back in December and seeing loads of web maps from my organization. But now when I log into the app, I only see my web maps and no options to see maps from my org. How do I get those organizational-level-shared maps back? I need this to happen soon so people in my org can use this map!

I checked the the web map is set to be shared in ArcGIS Field Maps.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Looking into it more, I guess in order to see maps shared in the org you have to search for the correct map name. Sometimes that allows the map to show up in my list.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@AdrianWelsh The Field Maps web app will list all maps owned by the connected user. We did change the browse screen for the web app to use pagination and only display 20 maps at a time - you can filter the list though and find the map you need.

In short; if you own the map, it will show up in your browse and you'll be able to filter on it.

Craig

0 Kudos