Signature field in ArcGIS Field Maps (similar to Survey 123)

03-08-2021 12:40 PM
Labels (2)
Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

I would find it very useful to have a signature field in ArcGIS field maps with the same functionality we see in Survey 123 - storing the drawn signature as an image attachment. Perhaps there is an efficient work around for this implementation? If not, I think it would be a useful enhancement for Field Maps.

Thanks,

Henry

17 Comments
JordanFuhrmann

Has any progress been made on making this a possibility?

It's crucial for a number of our processes, but having to use workarounds between multiple different platforms is simply not feasible at times. 

ShavaunCallahan

I have workers in the field every day that need a way to have a property manager sign a document. This issue may cause us to dump our program that we spent 3 years developing and buy something off the shelf.  The work arounds are clunky at best.  My field staff already has to deal with communicating with  a property manager, testing a backflow prevention device and entering the data into the tablet.  I thought field maps was supposed to make their job easier not more difficult. 

GerberMatthew

This is also critical for items I am developing.   

Current design for a workflow I am doing does use the "Pass through of parent attributes to S123 survey".   However this multiple apps (field map/S123 Combo) is clunky and not user friendly to people used to paper based forms in a folder and has multiple points of failure due to sign in, syncing and users being a long way from internet connectivity when they find out somethings not working.

JeffHaney

Having a signature type field, and the ability to collect more than one per record is a much need item. We already have this in Survey123 web forms, adding it to Field Maps would hopefully be just reworking the code. 

Like many have said having to launch Survey123 from Field Maps is not user friendly to people who are skeptical of technology and prefer paper.  And it forces us to design and keep two apps in sync which leads to brittleness.  Geofencing and fancy popups are good additions, but nailing the fundamental aspects of a digital form are more important.

KeithMenia

We also need a way to capture signatures in Field Maps similar to Survey123. Field Maps is a great addition to the toolbox but signatures are a fundamental part of almost any forms. Please escalate this!!

JustinReynolds

The good new is that this is already supported in the Web Map Specification, which is step 1.  Now we just need it to be supported in Field Maps.

https://developers.arcgis.com/web-map-specification/objects/formAttachmentElement/

JustinReynolds_0-1671066886375.png

I was hoping to get lucky by injecting the snippet below into my formElements section.... the form will then fail to load as it contains unsupported content. 😔 

JustinReynolds_1-1671066967480.png

FehilyTimoney

Hi - has there been any updates on this? I am interested in adding signature fields to my surveys in Field Maps.