What's new in ArcGIS Field Maps (June 2021)

06-30-2021 02:00 PM
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor
0 2 794

ArcGIS Field Maps updated (both the Field Maps web app and the iOS/Android apps) with a number of great new features including:

• A new and improved sharing experience for map authors
  • Quality of life improvements when working with conditional visibility expressions
  • A new switch input type for those yes/no type questions that appear so often on forms
  • A brand new user experience for working with smart forms on the iOS platform that provides great contrast in direct sunlight conditions
  • New capabilities for copying features within and between layers that optimizes data collection workflows
  • A new map setting that requires location tracking be turned on when using a map
  • Updates to the latest released version of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK

You can read all about it in our official release blog:
    https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/whats-new-in-arcgis-field-maps-j...
2 Comments
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Some really great enhancements in the web app.  Any ideas on when these will be available for the Enterprise/Portal version?

Cheers

Chris

mike_geo
New Contributor II

Thanks for the update, @JeffShaner . Some really great updates. I'm most excited about reusability of conditional visibility expressions. 

Quick question - For longer text input questions, the entered text used to wrap and now it displays on one line and is very hard to preview/revise while in edit mode. Is this something that changed with the recent update? If so, are there plans to revert to wrapping inputted text? I think this is needed. 

Screenshot 1 - How it was before update 

mike_geo_2-1625252609093.png

Screenshot 2 - How it is now. No wrapping of inputted text

mike_geo_3-1625252623006.png

About the Author
I am the Group Product Engineering Lead for our Field Apps team at Esri. I work with an amazing team building out our field solutions. Please feel free to ask me anything about ArcGIS Field Maps, Workforce, and Navigator.