ArcGIS Field Maps April Release

04-14-2021 10:46 AM
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor
5 10 2,655

On the evening of April 13th, we updated ArcGIS Field Maps with some great new functionality across the web and mobile applications. We've posted an official announcement on the ArcGIS blog site. Please give it a read, update your apps and get to the field!

10 Comments
MichaelK_MTDEQ
New Contributor

When might we see this update released for Enterprise? 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Enterprise update is also of interest to us.

JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

Any reason why filter related types was removed in this release? This just forced us to move back to Collector for ongoing field work.

DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@JimmyKnowles the ability to filter related types was moved to the ArcGIS Field Maps web application, and is now available as a map author setting.  This provides a better level of control and an opportunity for administrators to configure this on a per-map basis. For more information on how to configure, see this doc topic

JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

@DougMorgenthaler thanks a lot. We'll explore that route. And that certainly makes sense having that control at the map level. FYI, that link isn't working for me.

DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up @JimmyKnowles updated the link.

JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

@MichaelK_MTDEQ @Anonymous User the Field Maps web app is now included and embedded within ArcGIS Enterprise. The first release of the web app needed to be a stand-alone installer as it shipped after ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 was released.

All updates to the web app moving forward will be included within the next scheduled release of ArcGIS Enterprise. Consider the new functionality available in ArcGIS Online for the April update to be included within ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.

RoryBennison
New Contributor III

Is it possible for logic to be used in completing fields like in Survey123 I.e capture date field could be now() 

AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Is there an estimated release date for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9?  (or, will it be 10.9.1?)  We are looking forward to upgrading our current installation of 10.6.1 so we can take advantage of the Field Maps Web App however would rather not go to 10.8.1 only to have to do another upgrade if it's right around the corner.

CraigMueller1
New Contributor III

Hey, I posted a question earlier about where the photo upload size setting went and found it in the AGOL Field Maps web map, but I'm using Portal and the Field Maps installable hasn't been updated yet. When is that installable going to be updated? I have teams out collecting now but don't have the ability to change that setting, should I assume that it's now set to "Large" or some default? 

About the Author
I am the Group Product Engineering Lead for our Field Apps team at Esri. I work with an amazing team building out our field solutions. Please feel free to ask me anything about ArcGIS Field Maps, Workforce, and Navigator.