Workflow to get markup into arcmap

08-16-2017 03:34 PM
ZorbaConlen
Occasional Contributor

Hi. We are considering using explorer as an enterprise tool for capturing redlines. Generally, this means correcting mistakes in our enterprise gis data like an asset in the wrong location, or a missing asset, or similar. The markup tools in explorer are simple and user friendly so seems like good fit. 

So, field staff would capture markup, and share it as kml to AGOL. Our office staff would then want to access those KML items in Arcmap, where they could use it as reference for making updates to the enterprise data. I'm not seeing an easy way for them to do this. It's easy to add the markup to a webmap, but no simple way I know of to add it to arcmap. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. #I'm also interested if there is a better way using Arcgis Pro, although our org has not upgraded to pro yet.

Along these lines, I believe I stumbled across a script that would do something like this at one time but can't find it now. Maybe something developed with arcgis api for python. I think the script would periodically crawl thru a group in AGOL, get all the KML items and add them to a hosted feature service. Something along those lines. 

Thanks

Tags (3)
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Zorba Conlen‌,

There is not a great way to get the Markup layers into ArcMap. However, ArcGIS Pro can consume these items from Enterprise / ArcGIS Online.

Joel