The Locator search fields configured for the MMPK do not appear to be working in Windows 10 Explorer for ArcGIS

09-16-2019 02:40 PM
MarietteShin
New Contributor III

The same MMPK that is searchable on the iPad version of Explorer for ArcGIS doesn't appear to be working on the Windows 10 Explorer for ArcGIS Beta. I've configured all of our network features to have searchable fields via ArcGIS Pro 2.2, before publishing the MMPK. The MMPK searches work fine on our IPads, but not on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Orca654
New Contributor III

I have similar but different issues.  In my case is if you original use the same layer name to set the locate and generate the *.mmpk at least once, then replace that layer by the other layer with different table schema and generate a new *.mmpk, the original locate setting and table schema won't be replaced by the new one!

I used ArcGIS Pro 2.4 to manage the project, and test on both Windows 10 and Android version, both platform give me the similar results

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Ming-Chieh,

In ArcGIS Pro when you add a feature layer as a locate provider, indexed fields will automatically be set up for feature search.  If you look at the locate settings and set them to "blank"  they should not be searchable in the resulting package.

Mark

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Mariette,

Search in the Explorer for Windows beta version did have quite a few issues, It is being improved to work as it does on IOS.  

Mark

0 Kudos
MarietteShin
New Contributor III

Thank you, Mark! I'm assuming that this will be fixed for the non-Beta release? BTW, when does ESRI anticipate the non-Beta release of Windows 10 Explorer for ArcGIS?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Mariette,

The Explorer for ArcGIS on Windows release is getting close,  no definitive date, but some are targeting October.

Mark

0 Kudos
Orca654
New Contributor III

Mark,

My current issues are if I change the source of the original "locate provider" from one layer to another, for example, if I have a layer original named as "Cluster" with 5 columns, then I get another source of clusters and make it as the new cluster layer but have 7 columns.  Within these 7 columns, only one column is overlapped.  And then when I add the new layer with the same name "cluster", and go to locate provider setting on ArcGIS Pro, you will find the system still remember my previous setting  (this might be a bug).  Anyway, I reset all the locate search mode and include a new column to search and pack it as .mmpk.  On both Android and Windows version Explorer for ArcGIS, I see it show up with old search column but with new data.

From the above observations:

1. While you change the data source of a layer in ArcGIS Pro, the locate provider setting do detect the change but somehow not exactly update the cache in the background.  Because you can search the new setting inside the ArcGIS Pro without any issue, but showing different results in .mmpk files.

2. Is that a way to let the user clean up/reset the locate provider cache?  It seems even you have a layer set as the locate provider, then delete, save the project, and then add it back, the original locate settings still there!

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Ming-Chieh,

The Locate team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix for ArcGIS Pro 2.5

Mark

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@markbockenhauer

I have a similar issue where custom fields for locators do not show up in ArcGIS Explorer for Android and iOS, but they do in the locator in Pro 2.4. Will this be fixed in Pro 2.5?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Paul,

Can you provide a bit more information about how you created the locator?

I could check the creation of locator with Pro 2.6.1 and use in Explorer.

If there are problems, will work to get them fixed in ArcGIS Field Maps

Mark

0 Kudos