The Locator search fields configured for the MMPK do not appear to be working in Windows 10 Explorer for ArcGIS

09-16-2019 02:40 PM
MarietteShin
New Contributor III

The same MMPK that is searchable on the iPad version of Explorer for ArcGIS doesn't appear to be working on the Windows 10 Explorer for ArcGIS Beta. I've configured all of our network features to have searchable fields via ArcGIS Pro 2.2, before publishing the MMPK. The MMPK searches work fine on our IPads, but not on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

I used the create locator geoprocessing tool with the POI role from a feature class. I then add custom fields which do show up in Pro results (2nd screenshot) when you use the Locate tool.

However, these custom fields do not show up in ArcGIS Explorer or in Field Maps Beta:

No ACTIVITIYNAME or FORESTNAME. I have made sure these output fields were checked in the Locator properties before creating and sharing the mmpk.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Paul,

Thanks for the clarification, I will investigate and get back to you.

Mark

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Looks like this is something Field Maps needs to implement, I have shared this thread.

Thanks for the feedback!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds good! Do you know if that functionality for locators will also work in the ArcGIS Runtime for iOS?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

I am told a runtime developer does have the ability to make use of the custom fields in a locator.  So, yes.