Supported Version of Explorer for ArcGIS on Windows?

06-04-2020 10:18 AM
RobertKearney
New Contributor

Is there a supported version of Explorer for ArcGIS on Windows? I was having issues with Explorer and my first inkling was to check which version I had and see if there were any updates. I currently have version 20.1.0. According to ESRI support, version 20.1.0 was retired and is no longer supported. Maybe this is why I'm having an issue?... But how can I update to the new supported version 20.2.0? I tried uninstalling it and installing it again using Microsoft store... Still version 20.1.0. I tried sideloading it.... still 20.1.0. 

Is there any way that I can get the new version of Explorer for Windows? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert Kearney‌,

Thank you for posting your question - I want to help resolve this issue for you. Can you share what build number your Windows 10 machine is?

You can find this by typing "System Information" into your Windows start menu. When you open the program you should see the build number like this:

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Robert Kearney‌ after digging in a bit more and discussing with the Product team, the most up-to-date version of Explorer for ArcGIS (Windows) is 20.1.0.

I am working with our internal teams to update the Support website to reflect this. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

0 Kudos