Related Records not appearing in Explorer for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
09-08-2017 02:39 AM
DanielIrwin
New Contributor III

So we finally upgraded to the latest version of the explorer app on iOS (v.17.1.2 of app running on iOS 10.3.3), serving up maps from our Portal for ArcGIS instance through a VPN to the device. One of the things we were keen to make use of (and part of the reason for the upgrade) was the related records capability, of which we have quite a few.  However, when I interrogate those map layers containing related records I do not see them.  Are there any specific requirements for this to work, or has anyone else come across similar issues?

28 Replies
JustinConnerWR
Occasional Contributor II

(when using a Map Service instead of a Feature Service under certain conditions)

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Alison Mynsberge‌,

I suspect you're running into the same issue that Robert was seeing above.. 

There is a known issue where the related data will not be returned if the Map Service is added to the map by the map service root url. Can you try adding the layers to a map by the map service layer (ie "https://.../MapServer/4" & "https://.../MapServer/5")?

0 Kudos
JustinConnerWR

Yes, that fixes it.  Having the details on here will hopefully help someone else experiencing the same issue as it's not clearly documented anywhere else.  I was told that using related tables with map services (vs. feature services) is not considered supported in Collector b/c Collector's primarily use is to edit [feature services].

KrystalPhaneuf2
Occasional Contributor

There is an issue with related fields not showing in the Collector popup.  Example showing a count of how many related records. Shows in web map, but in Collector just shows "-".  This is using a hosted feature service.

0 Kudos
EricLutz
New Contributor

Hi Joel,

I have the same problem of "the link of related records are not shown on Explorer". In the last a few days, I worked with ESRI tech support and could not find what is problem and therefor, could not find a way to get around it. We have tried the followings:

1. Make sure the PK/FK are not hidden or nothing is hidden and not definition for all the feature classes and tables: Not working!

2. stripped complex feature type (geometry network): not working

3. Remove all but one feature class and one related table, then republish: Not working

4. download data from ArcGIS Online, then republish the downloaded data without change the contents: it seems worked!

5. Created a new FGDB and imported feature class and related table from the original FGDB, then publish it: not working

6. Run the validation and found there are some invalid data (not consistent with domain value), fixed it: still not working

Although #4 worked, but we still do not know what is the problem with the original FGDB. We certainly do not want to try to "publish-download-republish" as a preferred workflow. Because ESRI text support have my data, is it possible to let your developer take a close work of the possible problem?

Thanks,

Ming

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Eric Lutz‌,

It usually takes a bit for support to log a BUG, after which it will get funneled down to me. I haven't seen anything come through yet, but if you're able to temporarily share the service I can debug. Feel free to shoot me an email at jwhitney@esri.com and we can debug further.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joel,

Any update on this?  I am having the same issue as others have described above: 

I have a feature class with a related table.  I am using definition queries on a field so that the feature class shows up as several different layers in my map service.  Everything looks good in ArcGIS Online.  For every layer that originates from the same feature class, the pop-ups return related records.  In Explorer, however, the related records do not return.  I have attempted all of the workarounds listed above and none of them work or are possible in our environment.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JustinConnerWR

Collector and Explorer are case-sensitive. Do the cases of the Primary and Foreign Keys in the relationship class match the case of the primary and foreign key field names in the tables? There can also be problems if you have published your map service w/ custom layerIDs.

-Alison

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Derrick Frese‌,

Are you able to share the Map Service with me temporarily so I can debug? There are quite a few remaining issues in this area, so I could probably narrow it down pretty quick. You can contact me via email atjwhitney@esri.com 

0 Kudos