Problems with version 17.1

07-11-2017 02:46 PM
MarkStelzel
New Contributor III

I've encountered two major issues with the new version:

1. Identifying features doesn't work. When I click on a feature to open the attribute pane, the field names are all displayed but none of the attribute values. 

2. My organization's web mercator projected ortho basemap will not display.

Not a "problem", but the removal of the magnifying glass is a step backwards.

Edit: Please disregard problem #2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
79 Replies
TeresaLieser
New Contributor II

I'm having this same issue as well. URLs are not working.

0 Kudos
EricPhillips3
New Contributor III

Are you speaking of URL's only or also integration with other apps?  If other apps, how would you go about setting it up to communicate with another app? From what I found in Survey 123, the setup seems to differ with Explorer or even Collector. Integrate with other apps—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

We are having the same issues with the pop-ups.  This is totally unacceptable, even more so when I find out that people were pointing this out in BETA.  How can a build release be done that has so many large bugs.  Our client’s field personnel can’t access the data they need and rely on.  It has eroded a lot of faith in the GIS from the field personnel and non-technical managers and reinforced their fears.  It will be harder to add more services and expand their use of GIS.  We have been building applications as always on and accessible and not having any timeline for a fix is very frustrating. 

I did not like relying on a software base that we couldn’t control a version of for this very reason.  I do prefer building custom applications for that reason but not all clients can afford a custom solution or want one.

MarkStelzel
New Contributor III

It's now been over a week of this very important application working at maybe fifty percent of its functional value. Why has this not been corrected? While I understand that UC festivities prevented much or any work being done on this last week, at least re-release the previous working version so everyone who depends on this app can continue working normally while you correct your mistake.  

MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

You can add that the custom searches don't work either, only geocode addresses.  We have a bunch of custom searches setup through AGO and none of them show up now in the new Explorer.  Also a couple of our maps that use live data instead of cached data show ! instead of the symbols.  Very frustrated with this release.

PatKeegan
Occasional Contributor

Same issue, unable to identify features.

Esri: is there a way to downgrade the app to a version that worked?

0 Kudos
MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

They told me no

0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

Not sure if a downgrade would work. 

I had a coworker who hadn't updated her app yet so I wanted to try see if the attribute information would show up.  We fired it up and tried a few web maps and it wouldn't load any layers published to ArcServer, it wouldn't pass our credentials through and kept asking for them over and over.

0 Kudos
MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

I have an iPad with the old version and the attributes load fine.  

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

mark.stelzel

For issue #1 - which version of ArcGIS Server do you have?

I understand how frustrating this must be. Please know we are working hard to get out an update as soon as we can.

-Heather

0 Kudos