Problems with version 17.1

07-11-2017 02:46 PM
MarkStelzel
New Contributor III

I've encountered two major issues with the new version:

1. Identifying features doesn't work. When I click on a feature to open the attribute pane, the field names are all displayed but none of the attribute values. 

2. My organization's web mercator projected ortho basemap will not display.

Not a "problem", but the removal of the magnifying glass is a step backwards.

Edit: Please disregard problem #2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
79 Replies
MattGeorge1
New Contributor II

Just confirming we’re having issues with the 17.1.0 release.  We support a large Public Works mobile workforce with a full lineup of feature and map services.  150+ AGO users.  All data and web maps are published from Enterprise Server. Until now not a problem.  Most of our made for Explorer maps have grouped layers that require the user to turn on/off the individual layers.  If we change to accommodate the latest release short comings it doesn’t solve the problem.  It creates more configuration on our end that leads to additional support to reeducate the users.  We spend a lot of time training our crews and don’t need to teach them new methods.

Pop ups are broken

New mark up label tool is confusing to beginners

Search is missing

Disappearance of Groups is not ideal.  New GUI and menu doesn’t help the experience either.  We’re running a fleet of iPad’s with all our crews across the Road Operations and Surface Water Management division.  Not sure about some of these other new in app add on’s as well.  It seems like a lot of change for one update.  Suppose we could build work arounds in Collector, but that seems like a waste when we had a perfectly solid working product (understood change is good) but not in this kind of way. Trying to re configure Alias names would be a disaster for us.

Attribute fields are blank and attachments are missing as well.

Is Esri looking at these things to address for a potential patch update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobbHodges
Occasional Contributor III

We're in a similar boat. I don't have quite that many users (at least not for the explorer app), but most that I do have were a bit apprehensive about using it in the first place. We've finally come to a place where everyone is doing well with it and then this release drops. I had seen these issues in the beta about a month ago and was told they were looking into it. I hope they get this resolved in a hurry, because it's become somewhat of a big issue for us. 

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt, 

For the scenario where your attributes are blank, do you happen to know the release of ArcGIS Server that is hosting the services?

-Heather

0 Kudos
Lynchburg_GISDivision
New Contributor III

Just want to confirm that we are also experiencing issues with the new release. PopUp window issues especially. Field labels appear, but no field values. Doesn't occur on all layers and appears to be limited to string fields.

Affecting our field operations staff!!!

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi there - 

Do you know the release of ArcGIS Server that is hosting these services?

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing this issue as well.  I have a map service that contains our Water Distribution Network that displays all the attributes fine as a web map, but none of the attributes show up in Explorer.  Plus I have attachments enabled on one of the features and they don't show up.

As a test, I published the same layer as a map service with feature access and created a new web map with it and enabled all the popups.   All the attribute data shows up as expected and the attachments show up as well.

The map service and map service with feature access are published from our Enterprise database to ArcServer and we were using the Explorer app on iOS.

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian,

What version of ArcGIS Server do you have?

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Brian, 

I have reproduced both issues, the general issue with the popup not showing, and the attachments being accessible from the map service. I have added an issue and we'll look into it and prioritize it. 

Glad you are able to work around this by adding the Feature service instead of the Map Service.

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

We are running ArcGIS Server 10.4.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

Appears Custom URL is not working either.