Map pans to 0, 0 lat long when opening feature popup

04-19-2021 06:57 AM
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

When I click on a feature and then open the popup, the map pans to an area off the west African coast (which I believe is lat = 0, long = 0). For reference, the features are in the UK. The behaviour appears to be erratic, and does not always occur.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I believe unless there's a small population of Natterjack toads in Null Island, surveys which are completed without a location properly specified (either not input or no gps etc.) are being given coordinates 0,0.

This would put them in Null Island (a very small island with its centre at 0,0 degrees) just off the West African coast.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer

Haha. It's a well known population.
I just realised I posted the wrong video also - now updated. 
These points were generated in ArcGIS Pro, and are not the result of a survey. If there is no location data associated with that point, then why would it show up in that particular location on the map? I agree it must be reading a null location somewhere, but I'm perplexed as to how it is then still showing the point in the correct location.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I might possibly rebuild the spatial index on your points and check the extent of the feature class.  Toadally not much use with Explorer I'm sorry as don't use it.  Does it behave as expected in Pro?

0 Kudos
DataOfficer

Hi @DavidPike, I have checked both of those and they are fine. No evidence of the same behaviour occurring in ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Online web maps yet - only Explorer. Still unresolved.

0 Kudos
DianeFoote
New Contributor III

Hi-  Did you ever figure out what was happening with this issue?  I am having a maybe-similar thing happening with a map in an Experience which zooms to the center of the map when I expand a popup window.  (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/expanding-a-popup-zooms-map-to-ano... )  I'm just looking for clues.  🙂  Thanks 

0 Kudos