Explorer for ArcGIS sign in to Portal account

Jump to solution
04-06-2017 06:31 AM
RobertHarris5
New Contributor III

I was wondering if there are any plans to streamline the Explorer login process for users who are logging into a portal account. I've had a lot of feedback from our end users that the process is not intuitive. That being said, the few users who utilize Collector on a regular basis have no issues. See below.Login to Portal in Explorer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaneApplegate
New Contributor II

The new version has implemented a sign in similar to Collector where the user is prompted to choose ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise once they hit the sign in button

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ShaneApplegate
New Contributor II

The new version has implemented a sign in similar to Collector where the user is prompted to choose ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise once they hit the sign in button

RobertHarris5
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response. Just tested and opened  a support case because we are unable to connect to our Portal for ArcGIS behind our firewall once the app is updated. It works with the old Explorer version 10.2, but throws a certificate error once we update to version 17.1

0 Kudos
RobertHarris5
New Contributor III

New login screen

I guess I would have expected an option on this screen to login to our Portal similar to logging into Portal using Collector. When we attempt to use the ArcGIS Enterprise login, it throws a certificate error. I believe this is because logging into the Enterprise account is entirely different than logging into a Portal account.

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

We are having the same issue. Cannot login to Portal through the ArcGIS Enterprise button.

--gary

0 Kudos
RobertHarris5
New Contributor III

Gary, I'm trying to see if any users are having the same issues as us. I have a couple questions for you:

Is your Portal behind your firewall or public facing? Ours is behind our firewall

Are you using CA signed certificates or domain signed ones? We are using domain signed ones.

What version of ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS are you using? We have Server 10.2.1 and Portal 10.4

Is your Portal federated?  Ours is not.

I've moved most of my questions to the Beta discussion site. https://community.esri.com/groups/explorer-beta  I highly recommend getting on it and testing new versions of the app before it gets put out for general consumption.

0 Kudos
ShaenSomerlot1
New Contributor

For the first time today, I was able to log in to our portal from explorer.  It appears that my issues have been cleared up.  You may want to give it a try again.

0 Kudos