Create a Geocoding service in AGOL to enter GPS coordinates to be used in Explorer for ArcGIs and Collector.

04-25-2018 12:19 PM
ToddHill
New Contributor II

One of my users had an issue with gps coordinates over the weekend. He was given gps coordinates to find a location in a 2000+ acre area but when he entered the coordinates he ended up in Australia. I did a little digging this morning and read about creating a Geocoding Service that can be used to search by Long, Lat(Lat, Long), MGRS and USNG. After I created the service I added it to the Organization > Utility Services > Geocoding section. I then tested it in AGOL inside the map that he would be using and it worked perfectly.

The problem I’m having is making it work inside the mobile apps we use like Explorer or Collector. Does this Locator Service carry over from AGOL into the mobile apps that we use to view our maps?

The geocoding service is shared with everyone in my organization.

Thanks for any help in advance...

Todd

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Todd Hill‌,

Apologize for the delayed response, but Explorer supports searching Lat/Lon coordinates, such as 43.6591,-70.2568 or 43.6591°N, 70.2568°W. 

As far as the custom Geocoding Service goes, Explorer will search whichever Geocoding Service is set as the Org's top level service. If you move the service to the top of the list, Explorer will use that when it makes it's query.

0 Kudos