Arcade functions in Popup's aren't working in Explorer

03-06-2019 09:27 PM
JohnManson2
New Contributor II

With the latest version of ArcGIS Pro, we can now custom format field data in pop-ups using arcade.  Works great in Pro.  But when we load that down to explorer, the custom fields are blank.   Are there plans to update explorer to bring in this functionality?  Otherwise the raw field data looks pretty ugly unformatted, numbers with too many sig figs, etc.

Cheers!

John

7 Replies
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

I'll have a look.

Are you able to share you specific Arcade expression with us? You could email Explorer4ArcGIS@esri.com, include a link to this thread as well as the specifics of you case.  The email goes to a handful of us on the Explorer Development team, so I'll see it come in. 

Are you using Explorer iOS or Android?

Thanks,

Heather

JohnManson2
New Contributor II

HI Heather, John (not Mark lol) here.  I used the following arcade expressons:  Round, and Text.  These expressions do not show up in the popup box on Explorer for IOS, latest version.  I can send you a screen shot, but you can just try using it as noted and you should get the same result.  I am also having difficulty getting the "Make Mobile package" working correctly as Pro is crashing, due to one of the layer files being joined to a dbf file, it works fine if I remove that particular layer, so it has to do with the dbf join probably.  I will save that layer to a shape file or copy to a new feature set to see if I can work around the issue...

John

JohnManson2
New Contributor II

And an update to the Pro crashing issue, saving the layer file to a shp file and removing the original layer with the dbf join solved the crashing issue.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

Arcade Expression in popup will be supported in the next releases....

Explorer Windows (available in Beta) supports it now.

Releases of Explorer on IOS and Android will support this summer. 

I have also reproduced the mobile map package crash by joining a layer to a shapefile, and have sent the steps to the team.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Mark

AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Mark, was wondering if you had an update on popup support for Explorer on Android/iOS?

-Aaron
0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

well....  we are still waiting for that next Explorer release (for Android and IOS).  We recently released an update to Navigator and are focused on Explorer now...  working towards a December update.

AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, appreciate the update. Thanks.

-Aaron
0 Kudos