Document Invalid or corrupt

12-22-2011 03:14 AM
LeLystad
New Contributor
Dear Esri,

We have a problem with opening our created GIS map. When we try to open it, we get the message: the document is invalid or corrupt. D5Lelystad had unfortunately the same problem.
We allready made the map public. Hopefully Esri can fix this map as well. The map ID is ba20abcd844849aaa61159580853b4b7. If you need more information please tell us.
Thank you very much!

C1Deventer- Kimberly
0 Kudos
23 Replies
DougShidell
New Contributor II
I've saved it and shared it with the group. Thanks again.

The problem is back again. The new document number is 9eb26ae91f3946528569ddd31561d330. I will add the support person to the group. Is there anything we can do to prevent this from recurring?
0 Kudos
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
The problem is back again. The new document number is 9eb26ae91f3946528569ddd31561d330. I will add the support person to the group. Is there anything we can do to prevent this from recurring?

I'm afraid we've not been able to gather any good information about how the failing features get created, so unfortunately cant offer any advice on avoiding this bug entirely. We do have a fix we believe will prevent the map from saving with bad data in future, so after the next update of the website, I would not expect to see this happen again. FYI - I didnt get any invitations to the group so cant fix the map yet.
0 Kudos
DougShidell
New Contributor II
I'm afraid we've not been able to gather any good information about how the failing features get created, so unfortunately cant offer any advice on avoiding this bug entirely. We do have a fix we believe will prevent the map from saving with bad data in future, so after the next update of the website, I would not expect to see this happen again. FYI - I didnt get any invitations to the group so cant fix the map yet.

Just sent it. I wasn't sure if you were going to help or another staff person, that's why I didn't send the invite earlier. It's ready now.
0 Kudos
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
Just sent it. I wasn't sure if you were going to help or another staff person, that's why I didn't send the invite earlier. It's ready now.

OK, a repaired version is now saved and shared with your group again. I'll stay in the group this time, if you like, so that if you have the problem again its a bit simpler for me to fix for you. The offending feature this time had an object ID of 59, and a the title 'Biking', with a TypeID of 1 - the geometry had two sets of coordinates but the lonitude value for both was being stored as NaN. Apologies for the continuing problems.
0 Kudos
DougShidell
New Contributor II
OK, a repaired version is now saved and shared with your group again. I'll stay in the group this time, if you like, so that if you have the problem again its a bit simpler for me to fix for you. The offending feature this time had an object ID of 59, and a the title 'Biking', with a TypeID of 1 - the geometry had two sets of coordinates but the lonitude value for both was being stored as NaN. Apologies for the continuing problems.

It looks good. You're welcome to stay in the group. We'll be using the map pretty regularly for awhile. I hope the update comes soon.
0 Kudos
KellyannMurphy
New Contributor
I am having the same issue with my map. I accessed it four days ago (2.2.12) and it was working fine, but today it says the document is invalid or corrupt.

I have made it public. Here is the link: http://explorer.arcgis.com/?open=6a8...229183fd2c9a94

If you could take a look at it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
MikeRudden
New Contributor
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you've been having problems. As mentioned elsewhere in these threads, we are pretty confident that we have fixed the issue that causes maps to become corrupt occasionally - this will be rolled out in the next release which is due out imminently.

I've fixed up your map, called it Kellyann Murphy Recovered Map and saved it
'>here
: -

Open it and save it to your user profile. Delete your bad map and i'll then delete the one i created for you

Mike
0 Kudos
KellyannMurphy
New Contributor
Got it!

Thanks so much for your help Mike!

~Kelly
0 Kudos
MichelleSimmons
New Contributor
Map ID:  b35b5c66f74d498f8699fcef86ef981c

I have the same issue with document invalid or corrupt. Would you mind fixing it for me?  I have made it public so you can access it.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
MikeRudden
New Contributor
Hi,

I've recovered the map to Dog Parks Recovered, id:d06c39cb7528460f8ce4e4453bf51abf

Please check that your first slide is correctly located as this information was missing, i re-added it by centering the slide over the dog park data.

In order for us to try to understand how this problem happened i'd be grateful if you could answer the following questions: Esri has two free web mapping offerings - the map viewer at arcgis.com and Explorer Online. Did you create the map using Explorer Online and only use this product for editing and viewing your map and presentation? If you used a combination of them both please describe your workflow.

On a separate point I don't think you'll get very good performance from this map given the amount of data that you have imported - it's pushing the application to the limit for imported data. If it's an option for you I would recommend migrating to use ArcGIS Server services instead.

Regards
Mike
0 Kudos