Unable to add service ArcGIS Explorer 2500

09-05-2013 06:53 AM
BenChampeau
New Contributor
I have 10.2 server up and running.  I am capable of publishing services, and viewing those maps through javascript, and the Arcmap online features.  If I try to add content -> GIS Services and select one of the published services on the server it gives a generic error message "Unable to add service(s)."

I read through this thread: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/3220-cannot-add-arcgis-server-10-services

The suggestion on there was incompatibility, but that user was using an older version of explorer . . which makes sense.

I am having the same issues as he did except I am using Explorer 2500.  I have activated the different capabilities WMS, WFS, KCL. I still receive the same error, "Unable to add service(s)."

Is anyone else having this issue, or know what is going on?

Environment:
Windows Server 2008 r2
ArcGIS Server 10.2 Basic

ArcGIS Explorer 2500 (on separate machine)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimHughes
New Contributor II
I am having this same issue, albeit with 10.1 server.

The service shows within the window but when I add service pops up with unable to add service (Build 2500).

The service works fine in ArcMap 10.1......
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
Ben & Tim:

Do you see the same behavior if you use AGX 1750?  I have found AGX 2500 to be very buggy.  I know that 10.11 map services can be consumed in AGX 1750; I'm not sure about 10.2 services in 1750.

In my situation, I have "secure" map services on ArcGIS for Server 10.11.  AGX 2500 is unable to even see services in secure folders on AGS.  I need to use AGX 1750 to connect to a secure 10.11 map service, then create an NMC file for that connection, then add that NMC file to AGX 2500.
0 Kudos
LaurynasGedminas
New Contributor
The same issue here as well,
In AGX cant connect to secure 10.2.1 map services,

Lg
0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
This will be fixed in the next release of ArcGIS Explorer desktop.    It is just taking longer to get an update out than we had originally planned.

-mark
0 Kudos
JohnNowlin
Occasional Contributor II
This will be fixed in the next release of ArcGIS Explorer desktop.    It is just taking longer to get an update out than we had originally planned.

-mark

Mark,

Is there any rough time frame on deployment of the next AGX update that will be fully compatible with Win 8.1 x64?

In light of our first law, "Everything is related to everything else, but near things are more related than distant things" (Tobler, W, 1970). . .

Just wondering how 'near' things were. . . in the 4th dimension.

Best Regards,

John Nowlin
0 Kudos
ChrisMcGarry1
New Contributor III
I am just now having the same problem.  We recently upgrade to 10.2.1.  Now no one can consume the map services in Explorer 2500.  Any Time Frame on an update?
0 Kudos
BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

I experienced the same difficulty. I don't think ArcGIS Explorer can use services when adding the service using the web adaptor. I added my server (which is not publically accessible) to ArcGIS Explorer twice, it the exact same server but one is using the web adaptor and the other is bypassing it.

Now they are both added and can connect and I can even see my layers on the list but when I add it to the map from my web adaptor URL then it adds but doesn't show up.

However when bypassing the web adaptor and using 6080 with the fully qualified domain name with "/ArcGIS/Services" at the end, my layers show up on map. Hopefully this will help.

0 Kudos