Line thickness of scale bar?

Jump to solution
08-05-2014 01:44 AM
SimonLaughton
New Contributor III

Hi folks

I am trying to adjust the line thickness of a scale bar I have placed on my map document.  I can see how to change the base (horizontal) line thickness/weight but the small sub division lines I cannot see how to adjust the weight of.

Any ideas?!

Si

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

If you are using a scale line or other scale bar type with marks enabled:
in the Scale Bar properties, Numbers and Marks tab, click the Symbol... button next to Division Height and/or Subdivision Height to edit the symbol for the division and subdivision marks

If you are using one of the other scale bar types, without marks:
in the Scale Bar properties, Format tab, click the Symbol... button (or Symbol 2... button as needed) in the Bar section to edit the symbol outline

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidBarnes

If you are using a scale line or other scale bar type with marks enabled:
in the Scale Bar properties, Numbers and Marks tab, click the Symbol... button next to Division Height and/or Subdivision Height to edit the symbol for the division and subdivision marks

If you are using one of the other scale bar types, without marks:
in the Scale Bar properties, Format tab, click the Symbol... button (or Symbol 2... button as needed) in the Bar section to edit the symbol outline

0 Kudos
ZackK
by
New Contributor III

Hello Simon,

As David said...  see attached images...

Scale line:

Scale_Line.JPG

Scale bar:

Scale_Bar.JPG

Due to the nature of the forums and the points, please mark David's answer as correct, so he can get the credit for answering the question:)  Thank you.

0 Kudos
DavidBarnes

Thanks for the screenshots, Zack! Very helpful.

0 Kudos
ZackK
by
New Contributor III

Np, I had couple of extra minutes before lunch:) 

0 Kudos