Explorer always updating?

Jump to solution
11-22-2013 10:51 AM
TracyDash
New Contributor III
My map on Explorer connects to a large gdb and many other static layers. When I open explorer, it seems to update constantly:
the busy icon on my mouse flickers on and off every second. It's distracting and makes it difficult to type. Any idea how to turn this function off?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TracyDash
New Contributor III
Yes, here's what you do:

-Internet options under control panel (or I think you can get to this through IE)
-Connections tab
-LAN settings
-uncheck 'automatically detect settings'

Worked great for all the computers at my company!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesseLutterman
New Contributor III
To revive this old thread, we are seeing the same issue. However, I don't see any correlation to a GDB connection. This happens on a completely blank map, while AGX is minimized and I am working in other programs. The mouse just keeps showing the busy thingy about once a second.
Is there a reason for this?
0 Kudos
TracyDash
New Contributor III
Yes, here's what you do:

-Internet options under control panel (or I think you can get to this through IE)
-Connections tab
-LAN settings
-uncheck 'automatically detect settings'

Worked great for all the computers at my company!
0 Kudos
JesseLutterman
New Contributor III

Thanks, Tracy! I just tried your solution on my machine and one of my user's, and it looks like it solved this extremely annoying issue. I would have never thought to look at internet settings, especially something so non-descript. I was just tinkering with graphics card settings the whole time.

Thanks for solving the issue!

0 Kudos