error After migrating my prject to a 64 bits machine

01-26-2012 06:20 AM
HassanMokdad
New Contributor
I recently migrated my project to a 64 bits machine, how ever when i try to build the proejct in visual studio 2010, I get the error:

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Explorer/bin/ESRI.ArcGISExplorer.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Any body has an idea what could be the solution to this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EthanWortzman
New Contributor
bump.  Need help with this too.
0 Kudos
WilliamKirchhoff
New Contributor II
Add me to the list.  I get the following error when I build my project in Visual Studio 2010, on a Win 7, 64bit machine, Desktop 10.0:
  "Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/ArcGIS/DeveloperKit10.0/DotNet/ESRI.ArcGIS.3DAnalyst.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Line 294, position 5 in prjmgr.resx. That position happens to be the beginning tag for an axMapControl object in my form.  Built and has run just fine on my 32 bit, Win 7, Desktop 10.0, VS 2010.
0 Kudos
WilliamKirchhoff
New Contributor II
Please see: http://support.esri.com/es/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/37879 if you are still experiencing this error.  Turns out the issue has to do with building .Net Framework 3.5 projects on 64 bit machines.  This article will explain situation and then point you to Microsofts knowledge base article ID: 2028833 which will provide a work around.
0 Kudos