can't add .NMf file

07-16-2010 08:57 PM
BobLooney
New Contributor
I see the "all files" option has been removed from the file selection box in V1200.
Is there some other way to add an NMF file that has been downloaded from the services.arcgisonline.com repository into the current open map without a work around?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Bob,

An NMF is an ArcGIS Explorer map and as such is intended to be opened as a single map. To combine the contents of the nmf with an existing map you could open the downloaded map in Explorer and export the individual layers/services you're interested in as map content (NMC) files which can be added into to existing map session.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos
BobLooney
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply.
I could do that but I want the service opened directly in the map I'm using.
I'm adding a topo map service using the .nmf files from the services.arcgisonline.com repository. I use the "add content" and in past versions, 900 specifically, there was an "all files" option in the file type drop down list, which is now gone.
There is an easy work around however.

I could add the service through the add services option but the guys looking at my tutorial are computer challenged and adding the topo service in a similar way to adding layers makes it easy for them.
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Bob,

The map content / .NMC route should work for them then.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos