ArcGIS Explorer Crashes When Opening one of "My Maps"

05-01-2012 09:42 AM
SamMichie
New Contributor
Hello, I seem to be having a problem when I start ArcGIS Explorer it starts ok but when I click on the emblem in the top left of the program it instantly crashes or when I click on one of my pre-saved maps it will try to load it and then crash. I get the following message, "A problem casued the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Maybe somebody can help walk me through potential fixes or how to identify the problem.

thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SamMichie
New Contributor
More info is that I am running windows 7 64 bit and using arcgis explorer vs. 1750.
0 Kudos
EdanCain
New Contributor II
Sam,
are you using the default map? Or have you loaded other contents to your map?

Clicking on the perl at the top left should not cause an immediate crash, it simply opens a menu.

Without knowing what you have in your map, do you have any other unexpected behavior prior to clicking the perl?

You could try for a reset: backup this directory : C:\Users\username\Documents\ArcGIS Explorer, then delete your nmf file/s.

When you start explorer, it will start in 2D with nothing other than the basemap. Then try clicking the perl. Let me know if you are still getting a crash.

Sam I would be interested to know what kind of layer is causing the issue when you start adding them back one at a time.

Thanks,
Edan
0 Kudos