AGX 1500 Add-ins not referenced in Application Configuration File

04-01-2011 06:19 AM
JohnEsch
New Contributor II
I am able go get and use the ArcGIS Explorer add-ins but I am having a hard time creating an application configuration file that includes all my add-ins. I can???t seem to get the add-ins referenced. All of them have a ???No??? for Referenced (see attachment).

Then when I go to run it the Preview, I get an error message (see attachment).
When I open up the new application configuration file on another computer, it doesn???t recognize any of the add-ins I have added.

How does one change the reference for an add-in from "no" to "yes" in the in the Application Configuration File?

Our goal is to use as many of the useful add-ins and create an application configuration file that includes them and when ArcGIS Explorer is pushed people in our department it will include the application configuration file which will include all these add-ins.

AGX Online help> Configuration Add-Ins:
Any add-in files that contain the add-ins that you reference when customizing ArcGIS Explorer with your application configuration are listed in the Add-ins page. You can add additional add-in files or remove those that are no longer referenced. To verify whether a file's add-ins are referenced by the configuration's customizations, select the file and click Properties... to get a list of the add-ins and which are used in the Customize tab on the Ribbon.

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NatsukoTERASHIMA
Esri Contributor
I encountered same problem.
Because, I have already added add-in to ArcGIS Explorer.  Error message said that the assenbly '***' has already loaded from a different location. When I delete the add-in that is already added, I can load add-in.

Your computer already has add-in? Please look at the following on your computer.
C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\ESRI\arcgis explorer\AddIns
0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III
You need to place your add-in on a tab to reference it. Here is how I usually do it. Go in and modify your config. Click customizations in the left column (right above add-ins). Click "Tabs" and click "Add New" from the menu on the right. Name it whatever you want. Click that new tab and the click "New Group" Name that whatever you want. Click that new group and select "Add Custom Control" from the right hand column. Click "Choose File" to select your add in.

You should then be able to see your tools under the tab you created. There are also options available to set when and where you see the tab but you canplay around with that later.

Let me know if you have any questions.
0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III
I encountered same problem.
Because, I have already added add-in to ArcGIS Explorer.  Error message said that the assenbly '***' has already loaded from a different location. When I delete the add-in that is already added, I can load add-in.

Your computer already has add-in? Please look at the following on your computer.
C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\ESRI\arcgis explorer\AddIns

ArcExplorer can only load your add-ins once. If you manually add the add-in to your application and then try to load it from a config you will get the error. If you will be using the app config with the add-ins already added just remove them from your ArcExplorer Resouces - Manage Add-ins.
0 Kudos