Troubles Adding NRCS Soils Layer In ArcGIS Explorer ~ Unknown Coordinate System

03-26-2014 07:43 AM
EllenBryson2
Occasional Contributor
Well I'm stumped.

I'm trying to add a WMS service to my ArcGIS Explorer map. This worked until sometime in the last four or six months when it seems to have broken.

http://SDMDataAccess.nrcs.usda.gov/Spatial/SDM.wms?

I can add the service in ArcMap but can't add it to ArcGIS Explorer. When I try to add it straight in ArcGIS Explorer, it finds the services (see attached), but when I click the service I get the error Unable to add service ....

In ArcMap I can create a layer for the service and when I add that to ArcGIS Explorer the error is "unknown coordinate system". The coordinate system for the service is GCS_WGS_1984. I have the  Projection Engine Expansion Pack installed, so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Any help greatly appreciated.

~Ellen

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32528[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Reply
EllenBryson2
Occasional Contributor
I seem to have solved this issue, although I don't know why this would work. Any suggestions are still appreciated.

The way I solved it was to completely clear my cache in ArcGIS Explorer. Fixed it right up!

Well I'm stumped.

I'm trying to add a WMS service to my ArcGIS Explorer map. This worked until sometime in the last four or six months when it seems to have broken.

http://SDMDataAccess.nrcs.usda.gov/Spatial/SDM.wms?

I can add the service in ArcMap but can't add it to ArcGIS Explorer. When I try to add it straight in ArcGIS Explorer, it finds the services (see attached), but when I click the service I get the error Unable to add service ....

In ArcMap I can create a layer for the service and when I add that to ArcGIS Explorer the error is "unknown coordinate system". The coordinate system for the service is GCS_WGS_1984. I have the  Projection Engine Expansion Pack installed, so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Any help greatly appreciated.

~Ellen

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32528[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos