Need some help.

12-02-2010 12:56 PM
MihaPožauko
New Contributor
Hey.

I just started using ArcExplorer Desktop but i'm already having problems. in a map i'm using D48_Slovenia_TM coord. system and shapes fit just fine on a basemap. but when i use query to filter data the data actually aren't where it suppose to be. i can't figure it out. any ideas how to solve this?

i also attached a picture.

best regards,
miha
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DonCopple
Occasional Contributor III
Have you tried 2D mode as well.  I wonder if it is a transformation issue between the 3D and that projection.  I think 3D is in Web Mercator.  Can you post the shapefile?
0 Kudos
MihaPožauko
New Contributor
i only work in 2D. however i managed to figure it out. the problem was in wrong transformation yes. i have to use wgs84 transformation. the only weird thing is that the basemap is no longer in the right position when i changed it. i have to clear cache with some different transformation and then again with right one.

it is annoying but i don't know what else to do. this is why i am now using my own maps for background and also because bing maps have poor coverage of slovenia (i hope that will change soon).

i attached a shape of roads for some village [ATTACH]3817[/ATTACH]. if you could help me somehow i would appreciate.
0 Kudos
AndreiIvanov
New Contributor III
Miha, unfortunately this is a bug. The issue, as you pointed out, is in transformation. It will be fixed in the next version of ArcGIS Explorer, meantime, I'd try to fix Query Plus add-in first, so you can proceed with your workflow.
0 Kudos
MihaPožauko
New Contributor
Thanks for the explanation Andriy. I was really loosing my nerves with that. Looking forward to the new version of ArcGis Explorer.

I am also looking forward to the improved Query plus. 🙂

Thanks again.

Miha
0 Kudos
AndreiIvanov
New Contributor III
Miha,

please find the updated add-in here: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=86d1eb20b0564b9f8a528e0e723ae3e6

Good luck!
0 Kudos
MihaPožauko
New Contributor
It works like a charm 🙂

Thanks.
0 Kudos