Can't connect to more than one portals in AGX 2500

05-06-2014 02:34 PM
EllenBryson2
Occasional Contributor
How many portals can one be connected to from within ArcGIS Explorer 2500 at a time? I'm having trouble connecting to more than one.

Here's my background. I can't see any of ESRI's basemaps unless I'm connected to ArcGIS Online. So I go into ArcGIS Explorer Options > Resources > Portals and click Connect. The application tells me that a restart is needed. I restart, and there the basemaps are.

But our organization now has a server and internal Portal running, so I'd like to connect to that as well. (I'm sharing AGX layers through our internal server and users can search from within AGX 2500 to find them. Very nice, ESRI!) When I connect to my own server it drops the ArcGIS Online connection and tells me I have to restart.

Is that the way it's supposed to be? Seems weird. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance

Ellen
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
Ellen,

You can connect to more than one portal, but you can only be connected to one at a time.

When switching between portals, use the Manage Portals link on the sign in dialog.  You need to be signed out, to manage the portal connections.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34146[/ATTACH]

-Mark
0 Kudos