Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Explorer crashes when attemting to add content from ArcGIS Online

04-26-2011 09:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: CityOfGreenvilleSCGIS

Please help!  I created a project in ArcGIS Explorer Online and I am trying to get it over to ArcGIS Explorer desktop.  When I attempt to add the map from my ArcGIS Online account, ArcGIS Explorer Desktop crashes.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: eyna0000

Can you please specify the version of ArcExplorer and computer specs?
Have you checked the System requirements?

You might want to also
check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Explorer
0 Kudos
AlexOlshove
Emerging Contributor
I too am having this problem.  I'm running Build 1500 of ArcGIS Desktop Explorer.

I ran your requirements program (Can you run it?) and my system meets your recommended requirements.  Any help you could provide in solving this issue would be appreciated.

CPU
Recommended: Intel Core Duo, SSE2 (or greater) Pentium 4 or Xeon Processors
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
  PASS

CPU Speed
Recommended: 2.4 GHz
You Have: 2.9 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.8 GHz
  PASS

RAM
Recommended: 2 GB
You Have: 3.0 GB
  PASS

OS
Recommended: Windows XP minimum SP2, Windows Server 2003 minimum SP1, Windows Vista minimum SP1, Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
  PASS

Video Card
Recommended: 256 MB video card with Pixel & Vertex Shader 3.0
You Have: GeForce 8800 GT
  PASS
Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
  Required  You Have
Video RAM  256 MB  913.0 MB
3D  Yes  Yes
Hardware T&L  Yes  Yes
Pixel Shader version  3.0  3.0
Vertex Shader version  3.0  3.0

Free Disk Space
Recommended: 198 MB
You Have: 15.1 GB
  PASS
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: eyna0000

I've seen in some cases that although test is successful ,an update of the graphics adapter drivers might be needed.
0 Kudos
AndreiIvanov
Deactivated User
Please help!  I created a project in ArcGIS Explorer Online and I am trying to get it over to ArcGIS Explorer desktop.  When I attempt to add the map from my ArcGIS Online account, ArcGIS Explorer Desktop crashes.

Back to original question - I think you might have some items in AGX Online that AGX 1500 does not support yet. New online version of AGX came out recently, and it is not fully compatible with AGX 1500. I believe, the next version of AGX should handle the issue.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: silverjohn74

Back to original question - I think you might have some items in AGX Online that AGX 1500 does not support yet. New online version of AGX came out recently, and it is not fully compatible with AGX 1500. I believe, the next version of AGX should handle the issue.

I also am having issues with AGX 1500 (no later updates available) crashing when I attempt to download files from my account on ArcGIS Online. It doesn't matter whether it is a personal file or one the demo files that are available the program still crashes.

Here are my system specs from the "Can you run it" app.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
CPU Speed: 2.8 GHz Performance Rated at: 7 GHz
RAM:  8.0 GB
Video Card: GeForce 310
[INDENT]Video RAM: 4.0 GB
3D: Yes
Hardware T&L: Yes
Pixel Shader version: 4.1
Vertex Shader version: 4.1 [/INDENT]
Free Disk Space:  853.1 GB

I have also downloaded the ArcGIS Explorer Data Access Expansion Pack.

As you noted in this thread: " I think you might have some items in AGX Online that AGX 1500 does not support yet. New online version of AGX came out recently, and it is not fully compatible with AGX 1500. I believe, the next version of AGX should handle the issue."

When can we expect the next version of AGX?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Tom.Stephenson

This is a significant and frustrating bug for our organisation. PLEASE FIX ASAP ESRI
AGX 1500
0 Kudos
PeterLindstrom
Deactivated User
I have this problem as well. My machine runs AGX really well otherwise, but bombs anytime I try to add content from ArcGIS online. Hoping build 1700 comes out soon and fixes this!
0 Kudos