Zoom to Selected Feature on Map Click

Jump to solution
03-02-2021 08:18 AM
Labels (1)
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Super simple question - I have an ExpBuilder app with a map and a list.  When the user clicks on a feature on the map, I'd like to zoom the map to a predetermined scale.

Seems like this should be VERY easy, but I can't find how to make this happen in ExpBuilder.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

Out of the box, this functionality does not exist where you can define an event for a click that zooms to a  predetermined scale. Currently, the user has to click the popup, then click zoom to. Perhaps you can submit an idea for us to create events in the map widget to handle the logic once a user clicks a feature. It sounds like you want a user to click a feature and then it just zooms to that area based on an automatic or custom scale.  

Cheers,

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

Out of the box, this functionality does not exist where you can define an event for a click that zooms to a  predetermined scale. Currently, the user has to click the popup, then click zoom to. Perhaps you can submit an idea for us to create events in the map widget to handle the logic once a user clicks a feature. It sounds like you want a user to click a feature and then it just zooms to that area based on an automatic or custom scale.  

Cheers,

David

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

"It sounds like you want a user to click a feature and then it just zooms to that area based on an automatic or custom scale.  " 

Yes, exactly.  I'll submit this as an Idea.  Been beating my head against the wall as I couldn't imagine this wasn't possible...  

Thanks David.

Jay
Washoe County GIS