Widget visibility

Jump to solution
12-13-2019 05:13 AM
KenGorton
Esri Contributor

Hi ExB folks,

I am trying to make an ExB app that functions similar to the way the Storymap Shortlist behaves: when you click an item in the list, the List widget is replaced with a Feature Info widget. Closing the Feature Info widget replaces it with the List widget.  

However I cannot seem to find a way to control widget visibility, swap out one for another or implement this by other means. Is there a way to make this happen in an ExB app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ken,

You can use the Section widget with two views; one for the List widget and the other for the Feature Info widget. In the URL below, it illustrates these workflows using one of our shared templates:  https://experience.arcgis.com/stemapp/111ce2dc1c7d48e2ba7136db379a0744/page/home/?data_id=dataSource...

Thanks,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ken,

You can use the Section widget with two views; one for the List widget and the other for the Feature Info widget. In the URL below, it illustrates these workflows using one of our shared templates:  https://experience.arcgis.com/stemapp/111ce2dc1c7d48e2ba7136db379a0744/page/home/?data_id=dataSource...

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
KenGorton
Esri Contributor

Thanks David, this is what I am looking for. However I cannot figure out from the finished example you shared how to enable it in my app. Can you provide more clues or a sample ExB project?

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
KenGorton
Esri Contributor

David, nevermind. I figured out to set a link in the list that will switch to the feature info and added a button on the feature info to return to the list.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Sure no problem. You can select that template, which is called Place Explorer to create a new experience using that template. It is located under the shared tab in the templates. Basically what you need is a Section widget then you can add views. You would create two views, one for the List widget (view 1) and the other for the Feature Info widget (view2). Drag the List widget into view 1 and configure it. Switch to view 2 and drag the Feature Info widget into that view and configure it. If you open up the Place Explorer in the builder mode and in the Outline tab for the Food&Drink page you can see the layout. It uses a Column widget as the main container, then it uses a Sidebar widget (has two containers) for the Section, which contains the List widget and Feature Info widget and on the right-hand side for the Map. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

David

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Not sure if you're still with the ExB team @DavidMartinez , but I noticed that this Place Explorer template has vanished.

As well, even with using the views widget to get this effect, the issue I have noticed is that unlike on the Shortlist, you cannot get the feature info to open by clicking on the map, as there is no way to link the selection change on the map to open change the view as far as I can tell. Do you have any insights on this?

Replacing our Shortlist templates is a big priority since they've been in extended support so long, but we just can't find a way to be happy with ExB for this replacement, unless I'm just missing things.

0 Kudos