When I click publish changes nothing happens

10-19-2020 02:08 PM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I am playing around with Experience Builder, trying to see what all it can do.  I created a map centric page and published and it looks great.  I tried to add another page and added the appropriate menus but when I try to publish, nothing happens.  I'm guessing I have an error somewhere but it is not showing me the error.  I can preview it just fine and everything works.  I hope I didn't lose the original design.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
5 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh,

Do you mean when you add something new, then save and publish, only preview updates but published app not?

Can you check if your app buider header the same as below (around the two red boxed)?

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Correct, preview is fine but the publish button appears to do nothing.  

This message pops up in Chrome's inspect tool:

widget.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) r {name: "ArcGISRequestError", message: "CONT_0001: Item does not exist or is inaccessible.", originalMessage: "Item does not exist or is inaccessible.", code: "CONT_0001", response: {…}, …}code: "CONT_0001"message: "CONT_0001: Item does not exist or is inaccessible."name: "ArcGISRequestError"options: {httpMethod: "GET", portal: "https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/", authentication: e, params: {…}, fetch: ƒ, …}originalMessage: "Item does not exist or is inaccessible."response: {error: {…}}url: "https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/49aec6881ead49e5ba1810228aefbe6e?f=json&token=g100kRAfwx7a7dWLnUUos83vTK96v8gYGjAIJ0QL5ko2aGBcw710qfTGhz95RgeIhwkm4oWyMqdjlJg5nRxbNe5bzTs_jOu4gNzBoz8lx8XwKofS0wQEsG9y01SwWpRg7KZAq473oRkiwNgouoTcZtqffQfG0c5DlNhhlnr1HFv6NWN5T9w60f4HQZ2XBHpOvOvPHP7sMpJdNyKgibVViOVp3jRn5CD4eiG4qa31Tqc."__proto__: Error
a @ widget.js:1
Promise.then (async)
l @ widget.js:1
(anonymous) @ widget.js:1
x @ widget.js:1
n.tryToPublishApp @ widget.js:1
n.onPublishClick @ widget.js:1
t.onClick @ index.js:6
o @ react-dom.js:14
p @ react-dom.js:14
(anonymous) @ react-dom.js:14
v @ react-dom.js:14
at @ react-dom.js:14
lt @ react-dom.js:14
ot @ react-dom.js:14
pt @ react-dom.js:14
L @ react-dom.js:14
V @ react-dom.js:14
Zt @ react-dom.js:14
Gt @ react-dom.js:14
t.unstable_runWithPriority @ react-dom.js:22
Wl @ react-dom.js:14
R @ react-dom.js:14
Yt @ react-dom.js:14

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh White,

Sorry I cannot reproduce this.

Can you try to clear cache and refresh it to see if the app can be published then?

You don't need to worry about losing the design, the app is already saved.

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I did some troubleshooting and discovered the issue.  I even tried it in incognito mode.  I discovered that somehow a reference to one of the layers in the web map was incorrect.  Somehow between the Map Viewer Beta and the Experience Builder, the link (item id) was incorrect.  I went back to the Map Viewer Beta, removed the offending layer and readded it.  In the process I also discovered that the feature layer that I was using was not shared appropriately. This was a very odd thing but if there is anyway to have the Experience Builder display a warning if it can't publish, that would be awesome.  I have a feeling that between using the Beta viewer and using an early release of Experience Builder that some strange bug just popped up.  I doubt it will ever be reproducible and hopefully it never happens again.  Thanks Shengdi for trying to help me out. Hopefully if this happens to somebody else they will see my thread.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,

Removing dead layers in my map helped with my same issue.

0 Kudos