Want to select first record when app starts

Jump to solution
03-12-2021 08:35 AM
KenKoleda
New Contributor II

I have an application in Experience Builder.

I have a small set of features (polygons) and information will display in a "column" when a record is selected.

When the application starts, no records are selected so the panel shows just the field names.  I cannot find a way to make either a specific, or even just the first record be selected when the app starts. 

Alternatively, I would be happy with a way to set default values when no record is selected.  I can't see how to do either.

Am I just missing this?  My attempts to search for an answer have, of course, been fruitless so far.

Thanks in advance

- Genesee County GIS Department
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

FYI - if your ExpBuilder app includes a "Details" widget, the first record in the list will be selected on start.  The "List" widget doesn't have that same behavior. 

Jay
Washoe County GIS

View solution in original post

ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ken,

If you want to set default values when there is no feature selected, you can check on the View for empty selection on the layer settings of the Data panel.

ShengdiZhang_0-1615773355775.png

Please refer to https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/build-apps/select-data.htm#LI_4B52CC64D110465C91A6F404B... for details.

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

FYI - if your ExpBuilder app includes a "Details" widget, the first record in the list will be selected on start.  The "List" widget doesn't have that same behavior. 

Jay
Washoe County GIS
KenKoleda
New Contributor II

So I guess the "details" widget is currently named "info" widget?

We added and info widget and made it very small and sent to back so it is hidden and that works well enough.  Thanks for the tip.

- Genesee County GIS Department
0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ken,

If you want to set default values when there is no feature selected, you can check on the View for empty selection on the layer settings of the Data panel.

ShengdiZhang_0-1615773355775.png

Please refer to https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/build-apps/select-data.htm#LI_4B52CC64D110465C91A6F404B... for details.

Regards,

Shengdi