Share Experience with private portal content without login

08-06-2020 05:05 AM
AndreasEugster
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm working with the ExB Developer Edition 1.1 and created a nice Experience linked with content from our ArcGIS Enterprise Portal (10.7.1, soon 10.8.1). To share the Experience, we deployed it on our WebServer, but since our Portal/Elements are not public to everybody, users will be forced to log-in.

Is there a way to by-pass the "login" for an application with non-pulbic content? E.g. creating an "Application-User" with the necessery rights to the needed private portal elements and pass the login credentials via proxy?

I heard, there is a solution with "user-limits" but I'm wondering if there is another way to share experiences with private content to people without making portal elements public to everyone.

Any comments, thoughts and ideas are welcome

Thanks in advance,

Andi

0 Kudos
1 Reply
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

Hi Andreas,

Experience Builder is now integrated with the new ArcGIS 10.8.1, so new experiences will be saved as portal items, just as they do with ArcGIS Online.

If you're referring to the developer edition, I believe its a bit similar to the Web AppBuilder, which allows you to host the apps but not decide on permissions for a non-managed application you choose to host independently.

You can share an experience publicly but if the users don't have access to the content, they will have issues seeing it properly.

Since you are using the developer edition, you can also implement a security feature identical to the way you configure access for the ExB into your portal - creating an item with a secret pass-key and use it from the app to check for credentials.

Shay.

Shay
0 Kudos