Possible Bug: Experience Builder Map Extent Triggers Override List Filter Triggers

09-30-2020 12:25 PM
EmmaHatcher
Occasional Contributor

I am working with Experience Builder to allow our users to either query the framework using filter triggers set by a list widget, or simply use the map extent to query the framework. The expected behavior is that both methods of filtering would work together, so if someone both selected an area from the list, then zoomed in further, they would first see a filtered map and framework, and their zooming action would further refine the results on the page. Right now, the first list triggers will only work if I do not set the map triggers to filter the framework by extent. It appears I can't have both. The extent trigger is essentially overriding the list widget filter triggers. 

Here is a snapshot of what's happening. In the picture, you should only see locations in Ketchikan. But instead, the second list view includes sites from the full extent and including locations from Prince of Wales, even though they are filtered out and not visible in the map:

Image of the draft platform and explanations of expected behaviors.

Here is snapshot of the list and map widget triggers:

List widget triggers set to filter the framework to locations and boat launches (two point layers) by area.

Map widget triggers, set to select from the framework when the map record selection changes, and filter framework based on extent.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Am I missing a way to ensure that the list triggers are still honored if set?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emma,

So this is what I discovered trying to reproduce what you're describing please correct me if I am wrong. You have a list (one) widget that allows users to select an area that should filter the map and the second list based on that selection. For example, if I select Ketchikan then I should only see those features associated with that query. This works on my end. You also have an extent query on the map that should filter the second list which it does. However, what I have noticed is that once I have list one selected and I move the map that action is being ignored. It will show all records within the correct extent. Is this what you're experiencing as well? This is a bug and will take a look. 

Can you share your experience with me? My username is dmart.

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos
EmmaHatcher
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, you are correct. One list should filter both the map and second list, and that works. What isn't working is that the extent query then overrides the filter triggers on list one, so list two will show areas outside the list one selection, but the map filter from list one is retained. 

I disabled the map triggers for our users temporarily, but I will re-enable and share so that you can see how the two don't work together.

Thanks,

Emma

0 Kudos
EmmaHatcher
Occasional Contributor

Quick update-- it's shared with you now, and the map extent trigger is back on so you can see what's happening. This time around, it looks like the filter from the area list selection (list one) gets applied briefly, then is undone by the map extent trigger as the map zooms in.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

I can see what's happening. I made a copy of the experience so I can use it for testing. You can change it back now. Will take a look and track down the bug.

Thanks,

David

EmmaHatcher
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

Any updates with this bug? 

Many thanks,

Emma

mildredmitchell
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with the query tool. It seems that there is a problem with map extent and query tool execution. I am doing a spatial analysis point layer - spatial relationship- intersect - polygon layer and the query failed. Then I did an experiment, same steps, but i had only one polygon layer and it worked. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos