How can I get a nice big pop-up in arcGIS Experience?

04-24-2020 01:56 AM
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

I have lost days trying to do something very simple: I want someone to click a dot on a map and get a big popup, docked on the screen featuring the media (URL) in my map image service.

I am using the list, it shows all my features and when you click one, I am expecting it to zoom to the location on the map. It does this once, for the first place in the list, but seems to never do it again. Also, there is no highlighting or anything on the map which makes it impossible to know which point we are looking at.

Experience Builder app

The feature widget doesn't seem to connect to my map, I guess I could somehow click throguh my 1000 features, click on it and maybe see it on the map, but ideally, wouldn't someone want to click a feature on a map and update the list and feature info widget? Why is this simplest feature not possible?

p.s. I have tried Web App builder, but the popups only stay small in the map.

The map tour editor requires a csv but I want to use a map image service.

I have tried arcGIS Javascript but can't get the pop-up to be large without breaking my code and it seems impossible to add a home button.

The attachment viewer template for some reason does not recognize the attachments in my map image layer.

Is there really no option to just show a large docked pop-up?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Aurelie Shapiro

You can get large popups in web appbuilder developer edition or even dock them in a side panel. Do you have access to developer edition? 

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro

thanks but no, I am not a developer and don't have portal.

Any chance you know how to do it in javascript?

I was able to dock the popup but can't figure out how to change the size

Drone Survey QNP 

0 Kudos
Nadiia_Matsiuk
New Contributor III

Hi!

I need some help. How can I create a hover popup in Experience Builder (Developer edition)? I read a lot of article, but I don't know in wich file and in wich place I can code for this option.

Thanks for any help or advice!

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aurelie,

Do you mind sharing your experience above? I get a permissions error when I open it. I would like to verify the data sources you're using, your layout, and the behavior you mention above regarding the list widget. The Feature Info widget is like a big pop-up, however, it only works with a feature layer as a data source and it is always showing. You can add an action that basically flashes the point on the map. The map widget has the default highlighting color built-in, so I am not sure why this isn't showing up.

We are adding additional data sources in our 1.1 release. Currently, you can add other data sources through a custom widget just not through the builder UI. 

Thanks,

David  

AurelieShapiro

oops sorry - it's shared publicly now

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aurelie,

For the feature info widget, I was able to get your layer to work correctly. I noticed you have some points that are really close to each other, I would recommend using zoom, flash, and pan to actions to provide some visual cues.  I would also recommend compressing your images for the web to speed up the loading of these images. I did have a question for you, is the point of list widget just to show the image and the text associated with the location and date/time of the selected feature from the map or from the feature info widget? Or do users need to interact with the list widget to find results?  

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro

Thank you! Yes I see the flash and zoom work with the feature widget, but it does not show the image like it does in the pop-up?

And is the connection also between the map - that means if someone clicks on the map they see the image? Because we don't really want to cycle through images, but rather click on a map.

This is why I had the list, you can scroll through an interesting image (looking for a particular habitat type), and then click it, zoom and highlight on the map, but the highlight does not seem to be working. Or are my points not big enough?

Also, point taken on image size reduction.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

You could have a list widget that has trigger/action that flash, pan, and zoom to the map. On the map, you could have trigger/action that would filter the list based on the extent changes and if someone clicks a point on the map you could also filter the list to make sure it shows the active feature in the list. Other ideas, maybe you could use a section that separates each place Sand Bank, Quilalea, Ibo Fort, and Rolas. Hope this helps. 

List/Map with actions

AurelieShapiro

Thanks - wow how did you get those sections at the top? Is that a widget controller? I have the filter but it "does not generate any triggers" which seems odd for a filter. What does it do?

Also, I have the zoom, pan, filter and flash all activated when a record selection changes in the list - but there is no highlighting. Just a zoom to a bunch of points (I set the zoom to 50, 10, 100 - it all stays the same).

Also, it says the feature info should respect the popups of the web map but it doesn't (popup media shows here https://arcg.is/191b0W ) why won't feature info show my media? And there is no option to configure with html like in a web map?

How to get the map to trigger something? I have added all possible interactions but the map does nothing:

And finally, how come my layout is all messed up in the live view, with the list overlaying the map? Your seems to stay in the box..

0 Kudos