Experienced Builder - Editing Data

04-01-2020 03:17 PM
AllanBenvin_yyc
New Contributor III

So I have been trying out Experience Builder to see what capabilities it has. I wanted to try creating an app that was table focused for editing attributes in a table. I have a List and a Feature Info widget. I use the list to search for the record I want to edit and the Feature Info to display the attributes. Both widgets are pointing to a map service that is editable. I can edit the data just fine in a map viewer. I can't figure out how I can actually edit the attributes in Experience Builder. Is there something I am not doing correctly or can it not edit? Hopefully I'm missing something basic.

Thanks for any help, Al

30 Replies
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

Adding my voice - really would like editing capabilities, and I am quite willing to show you my experience I am developing that would use that funcitonality.

SandraHayden
New Contributor III

I also need the editing capability. Any ETA? It's mostly for the Feature Info widget for the user to edit certain fields.

I tried providing edit functionality using survey123 connected to the layer but I don't think I want to show that.

0 Kudos
Wageningen
New Contributor

Ahh.. just finished builing my first experience assuming that I could switch it to edit-mode in the end, did some searching and ended up here. You live, you learn.

Kara_Shindle

@Wageningen they just released this months update and it appears editing in table widget will be available.

Kara_Shindle

I just did this by creating a survey123 form on an exiting feature service and embedding that in my form.  Not ideal, but it works!

0 Kudos
SandraHayden
New Contributor III

I was able to append to a feature layer using a survey123 form, but not edit existing data.

How did you get editing to work?

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle

I had difficulties getting the service to publish the way I wanted, but I followed a few articles:

Took me a couple of tries but I eventually got it to publish successfully - still working on the forms because I am actually splitting up the forms so that I will have two forms feeding into one feature service (one for updating existing features and one for inspections and attachments)

SandraHayden
New Contributor III

Kara, are you able to show the GlobalID in your Survey123 form, so that you can edit an existing feature?

0 Kudos
JacquieKovarik
New Contributor III

I am attempting this same thing - have you been able to find a successful solution?

0 Kudos
MichaelMirobelli
New Contributor III

From what a co-worker told me, editing is not available in the Table (Beta) widget - but will be available in the full version of the widget that will be released with 1.4.

0 Kudos