Experience Builder Table Widget Possible Bug - Selected Map Records

06-09-2021 10:48 AM
Labels (1)
EmmaHatcher
Occasional Contributor

I am using a table widget with related tables in Experience Builder to provide an interactive map/table experience. I'm finding that only the Table Widget actions are working well and as expected. Map Widget actions set to filter the Framework are not being honored by the Table Widget, however.

This may be support ticket-worthy, but just in case others have run into unexpected behavior using filter actions between a map & table widget, here are the details of what I'm finding.

Table actions to filter the other tables & map (Working well):

Selecting a record on the Genetic Baseline Samples table triggers a filter action on the tissue summary and bulk totals table using a common field (this is all working).

EmmaHatcher_1-1623259733934.png

Map actions to filter the tables via filtering the framework (being ignored by the Table Widget):

Selecting a point in the map triggers a selection of the table record (works when you click show selected), but should also trigger a framework filter to filter the table for those points as well as the other two tables (this latter trigger isn't working).

EmmaHatcher_0-1623259696364.png

Here's a video of what's happening with these settings. Table actions are working as expected. Again, map actions are set to filter the framework, and should be triggering all three tables to be filtered to the selected recording via a common field. It's almost as if the Table Widget isn't part of the framework.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LDreyfuss
New Contributor III

I am seeing something like this behavior too. I have two charts using the same data, but configured for different fields. The first breaks down Permit Type, the second breaks down Permit Status.

When I click on a piece of the first chart, the map filters and selects to only records of the type selected. Selecting a piece on the second chart results in what we want: the map further selects down so only features of the selected type and selected status display on the map. 

The Table widget is setup to Filter Data Records when the Map selection changes. So I would expect it to select only the records that are selected in the Map. But it doesn't. It shows all of the features selected by charts. Like it's using an OR clause where the Map uses an AND clause. 

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, so I"ll be posting my own. But wanted to share some information!

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @EmmaHatcher 

Thank you for the feedback. 

I created an app following the step you provided with the Genetic Baseline Sampling data, however, I wasn't able to reproduce your issue. Is it possible to provide an app that can reproduce the issue so we could have a look? You could also reach out to Esri support to raise a request. Thanks!

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
Juan_Toro-Killion
New Contributor III

Hello, I have a web app that has this same exact problem. It's privately shared to users within my organization, but would be happy to share it with you to test. I thought I was doing something wrong until finding this post. I would describe it the same way - it's as if the table widget is not a part of the 'framework' target. I'd really like some clarity on if this is user error or if it's an application limitation (for now), so please let me know! Thank you.

0 Kudos