Experience Builder - Scene triggers not supported?

Jump to solution
02-03-2021 02:14 AM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I would like a trigger between 2 scenes in my Experience, so that when I pan, zoom and orbit in one scene, this is reflected in the other. Currently, the pan and zoom triggers don't support this.

David
..Maps with no limits..
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

The extent change trigger is based on the extent of the map. If you remove the pan to, the zoom to will zoom to and pan to the results. However, since this trigger is based on the extent it does not synchronize the viewport between the two. I think that is a great idea to support this. I will add as an idea to our feature considerations.

Cheers,

David 

View solution in original post

DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

I actually entered one in as a couple of folks have asked me about supporting this as well.

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As per Add Action Triggers to Widgets - ArcGIS Experience Builder,

You want to build an app that compares two maps, two scenes, or a map and a scene, so the extents of the two Map widgets should always be synchronized. You can add an Extent Changes trigger to both widgets, select the other widget as the target for each, and choose the Pan to or Zoom to action.

Think Location
0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

This is what I've set up, but the scenes don't sychronize. If you orbit the model and zoom in on one scene, all that happens on the other is that the map centres on the centrepoint of the other map. no zooming, no orbiting.

David
..Maps with no limits..
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

The extent change trigger is based on the extent of the map. If you remove the pan to, the zoom to will zoom to and pan to the results. However, since this trigger is based on the extent it does not synchronize the viewport between the two. I think that is a great idea to support this. I will add as an idea to our feature considerations.

Cheers,

David 

David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi David,

Removing the pan trigger allowed the second scene to zoom correctly 👍.

...And yes, it would be fantastic to have the orbit functionality as a trigger as well. I would imagine this is a simple upgrade for Experience Builder? But the capability would put ESRI ahead of a lot of other 3D modelling platforms. The ability to compare 3D models with different values in 3D is a growing capability requirement. Do i need to create an ehancement request?

David
..Maps with no limits..
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

I actually entered one in as a couple of folks have asked me about supporting this as well.

David

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The map sync behavior has been enhanced and the Rotate & Tilt actions between web scenes are also supported since the recent AGOL June release. @David_Brooks  @JayantaPoddar 

0 Kudos