De-mystify Experience Builder URL parameters

Jump to solution
09-24-2020 01:22 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

When I navigate to different features in Experience Builder I see a URL that (apparently) includes some identifier related to either the feature I've clicked on or maybe the location.  Can anyone de-mystify the RED part of the Experience Builder URL below?  Maybe Jianxia Song‌?

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/2fe9e44b691a4e32a9f0b84df16531c0?data_id=dataSource_3-Elect... 

Obviously, what I'd like to do is be able to build URL strings to be able to direct users from an external web page to a specific location/feature within Experience Builder.

However, even though this portion of the URL appears to change as you navigate to different features/locations, it doesn't APPEAR to do anything at all if you past the whole URL into a new browser tab.  

Thanks,

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (2)
48 Replies
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hello @Jianxia ,

I would like to ask you for the additional questions to this topic.

1. Is it possible to turn off this functionality? Turn off this automatic state parameters in URL?
  2. Do you plan to add another state parameters such ZOOM or EXTENT?

Thank you in advance for you answer.

Jan

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jan,

Would you mind letting us know the reason that you'd like to turn off the state parameters in URL?

Yes, adding more state parameters like zoom and extent, similar to WAB url parameters, is on the road map. Will update you once we have a timeline.

Thanks,

Jianxia

JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hi @Jianxia ,

firstly, thank you for you respond.

Secondly, the reason to switch url states off is to ease the process of testing new Experience Builder app/widget while developing. If I need to refresh the app/builder to see the changes, the state is preserved. But in some testing scenarios it would be fine to have it always at its initial state.

So basically the reason is for testing/developing purposes.

Thank you,

Jan

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

A good point Jan.

An enhancement to turn off the state URL during development and testing has been submitted. 

Thanks,

Jianxia

JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Thank you @Jianxia 

0 Kudos
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hi @Jianxia ,

could I ask you if there is any update regarding turning off the automatic URL state parameters?

I have another scenario where I need to have them switched off.

We are developing (off panel) ExB widget which takes URL parameters (ids and layer names) and select and zoom to that features in map.

Thank you,

Jan

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JanSarata , this issue is currently in the backlog. Thanks for sharing the use case. I will add it in.

0 Kudos
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the update, @Jianxia 

Jan

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @JanSarata, you can now turn off data selection URL parameters in Manage URL status since the February 2024 Online release. Please have a try and let me know if you run into any issues. Thanks!

Shen Zhang
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, Jianxia! It has now been 17 months since this comment^ Is the road map near completion? My team would love to be able to share a link and have it zoom to the extent like the Web Maps.

Brenda

0 Kudos