DataSourceComponent Spatial Query

Jump to solution
01-15-2021 10:23 AM
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

While using the sample widget named feature-layer (https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/sample-code/widgets/feature-layer-class/) I notice that FeatureLayerQueryParams has a geometry property.  I have been importing JSAPI modules to do spatial queries and I thought I would switch to DataSourceComponent instead.  I tried setting the property to an envelope, but it didn't work.  The geometry parameter in the URL to the REST endpoint looked, like this:

geometry=%7B%7D

instead of this: 

geometry=%7Bxmin%3A+2254552%2C+ymin%3A+250692%2C+xmax%3A+2254562%2C+ymax%3A+250702%7D

image.png

Is it possible to use DataSourceComponent for spatial queries?  Is there some other component I should be using?

See:

FeatureLayerQueryParams Documentation 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveFullerton

With help from @ShawnGoulet, the answer is to convert to JSON to set the extent:

geometry: this.state.jimuMapView?.view?.extent?.toJSON()

DaveFullerton_0-1620406748892.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dave,

I'm responding 3 weeks after your post, so you may have solved this. If not, I'm using this solution my colleague wrote up: https://github.com/fabanc/esri-canada-uc-experience-builder-widgets/tree/master/working-with-feature...

You can see in the code that within the DataSourceComponent calls query. Inside query is a reference to the map extent state (which is getting updated from the message/trigger). If you want to do your own geometry, well, the code shows how it's being passed into the return definition.

Hope this helps!

Reference:

query = () => {
  if (!this.isDsConfigured()) {
    return;
  }

let where = '1=1';
  let outFields =  ['*'];
  let geometry = (this.props.stateProps && this.props.stateProps.EXTENT_CHANGE) ? this.props.stateProps.EXTENT_CHANGE: null

return {
    where: '1=1',
    outFields: outFields,
    geometry: geometry
  }
}

<DataSourceComponent query={query} widgetId={this.props.id} useDataSource={useDataSources[0]} onDataSourceCreated={this.onDs}>
        {this.renderCount.bind(this)}
        </DataSourceComponent>

0 Kudos
DaveFullerton

With help from @ShawnGoulet, the answer is to convert to JSON to set the extent:

geometry: this.state.jimuMapView?.view?.extent?.toJSON()

DaveFullerton_0-1620406748892.png

0 Kudos