Color on Dropdown in ArcGIS Experience Builder does not change on Mobile Version of Web Application

08-13-2020 03:06 PM
NicoKroes2
New Contributor III

Hello:

I have a quick question. I have recently published a web application using the ArcGIS Experience Builder and have run into an issue that is baffling me. This issue has to do with a dropdown icon that I have set up at the top right of the web application. I have set up the icon to show up as a light grey color (See Figure 2). However, the dropdown icon wants to remain a black color (See Figure 1)

I have tried changing the color of the icon itself, adjusted the hover and selected color settings to a light grey and this icon still remains this black color. Is there something obvious that I am missing to where an adjustment has to be made to make the color permanently white grey? 

Thanks in advance!

Figure 1

Figure 2

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nico,

If click on the icon, there is a color picker that allows you to change the color.  Is that option not changing the color?

David

0 Kudos
NicoKroes2
New Contributor III

David:

Thanks for the response. It is changing the color in the builder. But once I save and republish the app, the color on the Dropdown color remains black when I preview the app on my computer or mobile device. Could it be a web browser caching issue?

Nico

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

What color is the icon on the other screen sizes? Are they all supposed to be the same? If they are supposed to be all the same, can you try in another browser? If that works clear your browser cache.

David 

0 Kudos
NicoKroes2
New Contributor III

On my IPhone 11 an IPad, the icon is showing as black. On my laptop, the dropdown icon is now showing the correct light grey color. I recently changed the hover color settings for the dropdown menu on the desktop version of the web application. I will make the same changes for the tablet and mobile screen sized devices. Yes, the icons are supposed to have the same color for each device screen size. I tried in another browser on my mobile devices and the color still remained black for the dropdown menu instead of light grey. I will let you know what my experiments glean.

Nico

0 Kudos
NicoKroes2
New Contributor III

Hello David. I really think that this issue with the color not changing on the dropbown icon may be a bug? Has this issue been reported by other users?Would you be willing to log this issue as a bug for me? I would be happy to provide more detail if necessary.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nick,

Sure, can you share your experience with me? My username is dmart. So I can duplicate your experience and try it on my end. If you cannot share please provide the details to reproduce thanks. 

Thanks,

David  

0 Kudos
NicoKroes2
New Contributor III

I am going to check with our organization to see if we can share our experience with you. Once I have permission, I will share the experience with you. If I do not obtain permission, I will provide the details to reproduce. Thanks for your help with this.

Nico

0 Kudos