ArcGIS web experience gallery - how did this person do this?

Jump to solution
05-05-2021 12:03 PM
LaurenMiller78
New Contributor III

Hello,

I stumbled across this web experience in the ESRI gallery and wondering how the creator made the window  that appears  once you select "Mehr Infos" (see attached images).  I am creating an app with a similar look adn feel.  Is this an anchored window? Can this be accomplished without access to developer tools? 

No contact info listed for the owner of this experience, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/2f4ec127f2444df9af494fddadcb3d88

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

It is a button widget, which opens another view in the section widget. The list widget is the first view in the section. This is all done online without any developer tools.

Cheers,

David 

View solution in original post

JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

I agree.
Create a section widget and within that item insert a list connected to the data as View 1. When an item from the list is selected, or the button is clicked, the link is made to a second view, View 2, which holds a connected text and image card with the details you wish to include in "more info", then simply set a "back" button linking to View 1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

It is a button widget, which opens another view in the section widget. The list widget is the first view in the section. This is all done online without any developer tools.

Cheers,

David 

EricEscobar
New Contributor II

Hello David,

How can we set the button widget to go to different views?  For example, in the web experience mentioned on this post, a user can go thru the list and every time you click on the 'more info' button it looks like it takes you to a different view.

I added a list widget to my web experience with the button widget.  When I set the link in the button widget, the view I selected as my link gets applied to all of the buttons on my list items.  Is there a way to have each button go to a different view?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

I agree.
Create a section widget and within that item insert a list connected to the data as View 1. When an item from the list is selected, or the button is clicked, the link is made to a second view, View 2, which holds a connected text and image card with the details you wish to include in "more info", then simply set a "back" button linking to View 1.

0 Kudos
LaurenMiller78
New Contributor III

Thank you both! Greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
JohnPaulAlbana
New Contributor II

@JonathanMcDougall @DavidMartinez 

Hi, question if you guys don't mind, how did this person have separate list templates for mobile and desktop? I noticed when you go to the mobile version of the application the list scrolls horizontally and vertically on the desktop. When I try to do the same style, Experience Builder forces my list template to be the same for both mobile and desktop.

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

@JohnPaulAlbana  

So, when you switch to different base devices ExpB will set a default "Auto" layout setting - I find switching to custom and then, if you have the patience, create a new app by manipulating the visible widgets etc. You can almost create three very unique applications.