Unaltered Copy of List Widget in Developer Edition Does Not Function Properly

03-05-2021 03:58 PM
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

At the last User Conference, I asked if I could copy a widget from client\dist\widgets folder into client\your-extensions\widgets, rename it, and make changes.  I was told this was OK to do and I had no problems with arcgis-map and image widgets when I did that.  For the List Widget, I wanted to change the src\runtime\translations\default.ts listNoData value, but when I tried it the data did not seem to connect properly to the Text Widgets in the List Widget:

image.png

Also when I select a feature, all of the list items display the selected ObjectID:

image.png

Is there anything else I need to do to make a copy of this or other widgets?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dave,

I am going to find out why it is not auto-populating the list when it is copied. I will get back to you shortly.

David

0 Kudos
DaveFullerton

Any luck with this yet, David?  I am hoping to work with a copy of the list widget soon.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dave,

We still have an open issue on it.  I will follow up with the developer and get back to you. 

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos
DaveFullerton

Sounds good.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Dave,

We figured out the issue. It has to do with the expression builder component and how it reads the repeated data source provider. We need to make an enhancement to fix this. We are going to address this in the 9.2 release which is scheduled for the end of June.  

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos
DaveFullerton

OK, the only thing I don't understand is the version number being 9.2.  Update:  I guess that would be AGOL 9.2.  I have not been paying attention to the AGOL version numbers.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry about that. I just meant it will be tied to the next release and then released in the dev edition shortly after.

David 

0 Kudos