Zoom to features - Awful for Data that Crosses International Date Line Extent

08-16-2022 11:59 AM
Labels (1)
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Unfortunately this isn't new news, Esri software hasn't been great for working with data that spans the international date line extent and this is another example.

I have an EB app set up with a filter and with a request to zoom the map to a filtered data. Easy enough right, well when the features span across the international date line the zoom by default zooms to center the map over Europe. (see screenshots with current Zoom and the preferred Zoom (what I would expect)).

Can this be updated or have an option to modify this zoom for data with this extent? See screenshots below. It is 2022, it seems like we should have better options for working with data that spans the international date line extent. This is such a basic request and hard to explain why this isn't possible currently for folks reviewing the app.

Thanks in advance!,

Kathy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Kathy,

Sorry for the inconvenience that you were experiencing. We have done some enhancements to the map extent sync mechanism in the recent AGOL June release. Are you still seeing the same old behavior? If so, maybe a sample app could help us better locate the issue. Thanks for bringing this up.

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi TonghuiMing,

Thanks so much for the message and update. I am still seeing the same issue. I could share the app url with you thru a private message if that would be ok since it is still very much in review.

Thanks,

Kathy

0 Kudos