Working together on the same experience

03-30-2023 06:23 AM
LukasWingert
New Contributor II

Hello,

is there a way to share a experience built with experience builder for developers with my teammates so that we can work together on the same experience? I saved and published the app but if someone else is trying to open it there is a warning "Your account does not have permission to create or modify content." 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @LukasWingert 

Thanks for getting in touch

The workflow to allow multiple users to work on the same experience is to store it in a shared update group. More information can be found here: Shared update groups

Hope this helps

Mark_VRBN
New Contributor II

The page of 'Shared update groups' says:
"Currently, most ArcGIS Apps do not support updating items shared with a shared update group. To determine whether this capability is supported in a specific ArcGIS app, refer to its product documentation."

Is it possible that Experience Builder doesn't support updating items shared with a shared update group?

0 Kudos
LukasWingert
New Contributor II

Hi,

thanks for your reply. We are using Experience Builder for Developers v1.11. My experiences are stored locally on a VM so I can't store it in a shared group. Is there a way to get it work with EXB for Developers?

0 Kudos
LeonAus
New Contributor III

I was able to get around this by taking ownership of the app by manually updating in the info.json with my username. Easy enough to workaround.

0 Kudos
rk11
by
New Contributor

Hi Leon,

I was wondering if you could explain how you would go about updating the info.json.

0 Kudos
LeonAus
New Contributor III

It's a text file so open it with a text editor, change the owner value to your username, save it and refresh your browser session for ExB dev edition.

0 Kudos
cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

Thank you, this is exactly what I was hoping for. Would sure be nice to be able to edit all experiences in the developer edition like we could in Web AppBuilder Developer Edition. 

0 Kudos