Why does opening full map extent break active filters?

Jump to solution
07-29-2021 10:57 AM
MeghJones
New Contributor III

I am currently configuring an EB site where the 'Fullscreen' button in map frame breaks/turns off all active filters. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Is there a work around for it to maintain filtered views? 

@Jianxia Do you have any suggestions? 

Please view the two images below to see the filtered view and the fullscreen view. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

I am able to reproduce the problem when the icon arrangement style is chosen. A bug has been logged. The workaround is to use the other arrangement style if you can. Thanks for letting us know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

I posted a similar issue last week or week before.

I wanted to show a number of filters within a window, cleaner and more organised user experience. Everything would work as expected until the active window was closed/off focus. - filters would reset.

I'm going to say this sounds like a very similar issue with regards to ExpB and that active "window" element - ESRI are aware of the issue, however, don't have a fix coming in soon.

"As for the window issue, after discussion it is not an easy bug to fix (or more like an enhancement), and I'm afraid it cannot be solved in the next release."

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jonthan, thanks for sharing. Currently when the window is closed, it shuts down everything on it including the filter. We are going to do some research and see how we can handle the use case like yours. The issue on this threat should be different from the one on the window. Will follow up when we have more information.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

I am able to reproduce the problem when the icon arrangement style is chosen. A bug has been logged. The workaround is to use the other arrangement style if you can. Thanks for letting us know.

MeghJones
New Contributor III

Thank you for the information! We will work around this bug for now. 

0 Kudos