Where is the table widget in ArcGIS Portal 10.8.1 - Experience builder?

Jump to solution
06-17-2021 01:37 PM
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

Within the ArcGIS Experience Builder that is included in the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 Portal we do not have the Table widget. How do we get that added into the ArcGIS Portal? 

Along the same line of questioning, when developing custom widgets for the ArcGIS Experience Builder web maps, how do we then transfer the widget to out portal experience builder? I would like to add widgets like WAB is currently capable of doing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe that it is available until 10.9 in the built-in Experience Builder. However, you can use the developer edition of Experience Builder even in 10.8.1, and use table widgets that way. You just have to put the published experience on your web adaptor, as opposed to using a built-in item link.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe that it is available until 10.9 in the built-in Experience Builder. However, you can use the developer edition of Experience Builder even in 10.8.1, and use table widgets that way. You just have to put the published experience on your web adaptor, as opposed to using a built-in item link.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
SandraHayden
New Contributor III

@jcarlson "put the published experience on your web adaptor, as opposed to using a built-in item link."

I don't understand what that means?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have an Enterprise Portal, it's running on a web server. Ours, for example, is at maps.co.kendall.il.us. Everything after that in the URL is literally a folder or a file on our web adaptor machine.

Downloading an experience from Experience Builder Developer Edition gives you a folder, call it "my-experience". The contents of that folder have everything required to run your experience on a website. If I move that folder to the directory web-adaptor-machine/inetpub/wwwroot/apps/, then visit the site maps.co.kendall.il.us/apps/my-experience, I will be able to access that experience.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
SandraHayden
New Contributor III

We do have an Enterprise Portal. However, access to those directories sounds like something only an administrator could do.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's certainly something that can vary from org to org. We're very small, so I do a bunch of server administration in addition to creating front-end experiences. If it's a one-and-done thing, you can probably just hand off the folder for them to upload.

If you envision doing multiple custom experiences or making future changes, perhaps ask instead that they create a directory in the website like "/apps", and then give you FTP access to it so that you can upload your changes.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos