Select to view content in your preferred language

Use current map extent or center to open an external application in Embed widget to same location

08-21-2024 02:02 PM
Labels (1)
DavidMGiannone
New Contributor

I have a requirement to allow user to display Oblique Imagery for the map area they are currently viewing in an experience builder application.  The 3rd party oblique imagery provider does not yet have an OIC to use with experience builder.  Since we have deadlines that require this functionality before an OIC may be available,  I thought we could use the Embed widget to view the 3rd party imagery application as a work around.   The application will display to a default location in Embed widget.  The application does accept url parameters to center the map at a particular lat/lon.  So far, I have not been able to identify how to pass the current map center point lat/lon on url parameters to the Embed widget.  I went to the experience's settings, Manage Url status and turned on the Map URL parameters.  When I zoom the map, I see these parameters in the URL.

https://localhost:3001/experience/1/page/Main/?draft=true#widget_1=center:-9294254.181727238,5268863.529987389,102100,viewpoint:{"rotation":0,"scale":104002.29977184,"targetGeometry":{"spatialReference":{"wkid":102100},"x":-9294254.181727238,"y":5268863.529987389}}

However, I haven't been able to get the application to access these for use with the Embed widget.  I configured the Embed widget with url and added an x and y parameter, but these are only populated if I add &x= and &y= to the experience url ( I did this to get x and y to appear in the URL info in the Embed widget), but was hoping the dynamic value of the x and y from the map url parameters would be picked up and placed on the Embed url.   I am thinking that this is not possible because these appear to be part of a url parameter fragment and are part of the viewpoint.  

Is there any way to get the current map center/extent/etc. to pass to a 3rd party application without creating custom code?   

I came across this post of a custom widget for accessing the url parameter info.  Is something like this the only way to achieve the use of the current map location values? @

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/starter-widget-for-getting-informat...

0 Replies