Trying to replicate Mobile Widget View similar to AppBuilder

11-07-2022 08:21 AM
Labels (1)
JonathanKressin
New Contributor III

For ease of use, one of the features I really liked from AppBuilder was the popup dialog in mobile view for the widget controller.  That way, users had nice big buttons to browse thru and there was a lot less guessing on what tools were what.  It doesn't look like there is an out of the box way to do the same thing in ExperienceBuilder.  I did try to create a window and put the widget controller in that with labels and larger settings turned on.  Then had a button in the main app  turn view that window.  

However, doing that breaks trying to use many of the widgets.  The displayed window does not go away when you try to use a widget so anything that interacts with the map won't work.  

Has anyone found a way to reproduce this functionality in a usable way?

Thanks!

Jonathan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

One option could be to use the side bar, placing it at the bottom of the screen, and then place the widget controller in that. This way the widgets are lower down on the screen closer to peoples thumbs which has a benefit interms of the way people interact with the map. The widget will open in the sidebar as well, meaning that again, depending on how you implement it, you leave the map uncluttered. This also lets you hide the widget controller if you want as well.

GrantSCarroll_0-1667847500338.png

Just an idea that we have used for a mobile view.

0 Kudos
JonathanKressin
New Contributor III

Grant,

I agree that is better then having the widgets at the top.  I'm still trying to give the same number of tools as offered in the desktop version.  Right now, the widget controller only allows a completely vertical or horizontal tool bar.  Is there anyway to have it render as a grid?  I was able to get the effect I want right now by adding two rows of tools.  However, it would be much more convenient having them fill up all available pace and allow for scrolling thru tools if necessary.  The picture below shows what I am trying to do.

Thanks!
Jonathan

InteractiveMapping_mobile_screenshot_20221107.jpg

0 Kudos